Recent content by justinschmidt1

1. J

212cc swap, torque converter, top speed only 32?

So just an update, ended up grabbing a new belt and moving the governer spring a bit, getting about 40mph at 5300 rpm with no governer interference. overall bike runs great and rips wheelies like a boss so im happy, dont need any more top speed, just glad the annoying governer isnt jerking me...
  2. J

torque converter long vs short belt?

Drilled a hole a bit further away on the governer and its letting me rev out to 5300 rpm with no interference but seems to stop about there at 40 mph/5300 rpm Either way, bike runs great, dont need any more speed
  3. J

Ive got the Ducar 212, seems like its got some decent parts in it and should handle the RPM, but I dont really care much about revving higher, just annoying when it starts to hit the governer cause its kind of invasive, its definitely the governer surging and not valve float, saw some reviews...
  4. J

Well, got the "725" belt in, seemed a bit more robust than what I was running, maybe im crazy but seemed a hair thicker, was a bit longer when compared to the 669 but seemed to actually fit snugger almost once installed since it had a bit more width? Anyways, bike seems to run good, grips...
  5. J

Idk seems to be 3 main belt sizes used on these things that pop up when i search, 669, 725, and 788 lol 669 = 203590a comet?
  6. J

So I was looking into buying a new belt for my setup and kinda went down the rabbit hole, what would be pros and cons of short vs longer belt? my setup came with a 669 belt but I was reading a lot of places recommend a longer 725 belt? Also stumbled across some people claiming a bit longer...
  7. J

its tapped over 5k a few times, but its def on the governer, it jerks around pretty noticeably when its there yes stock airbox and exhaust, I dont think its a power issue as it runs up into that limiter pretty quick now. I guess I just like to have the option to go faster if I want, I...
  8. J

Whatever the stock coleman 200 setup is, I havent changed the gearing or tires on the bike. Its possible theres some belt slip, belts pretty old at this point and was outside in the winter etc. I didnt adjust anything with the juggernaut out of the box, threw it on there. Tried moving...
  9. J

Well put the juggernaut on and while it does feel better all around, its revving to 5k on the limiter but still only hitting like 36 mph~ Anyone know how to remove the limiter on this thing? LOL In all seriousness, what should the ducar 212 be safe to rev out to? Or does it make more sense...
  10. J

Yea, I was about to buy springs and weights and mess with the current setup, but I decided to just spend the money on the juggernaut as that seems to be the way. About to try it today to see how it does.
  11. J

Thank you, that is helpful, does kinda seem like its just the way the converter is designed. Does it make sense to try and set it up for more RPM? I will have to do some research on it I suppose, I guess different spring would make it grip later in the RPM range and maybe get me some more...
  12. J

Its registering like 36-38 mph roughly on my GPS max. So maybe could be the way the torque converter is setup? It kinda "flares" to 4000 rpm or so then rpm actually drops to 3600-3700 as I gain speed and just levels off.
  13. J

I understand that, just seems like it should be performing better from what ive read, but im not sure, thats why im here asking the question see if I was missing something or maybe this is just normal for my ebay TAV setup?
  14. J

No, didnt get a new belt, same belt that came with the TAV and was using with the old engine.