Recent content by KevinN

1. K

tubing benders verus buying pre bent

If you have a lot of projects planned its worth having a good quality tubing bender. If you don't have multiple projects then it would probably be better to have some bends made up. As said PIPE benders are for pipe. Owning a good tube bender is not cheap. I have many dies and some of them have...
  2. K

WTB Doodle Bug DB30 chain guard.

Found one. Thanks to those that responded.
  3. K

You have a price? I'm looking for old style DB30 Thanks.
  4. K

Need a chain guard and a chain tensioner for a DB 30. Gotta be a few laying around. Thanks.
  5. K

ken bar whirlwind

We have that exact mini bike. Bought it in 1998 via mail order and don't remember where I bought it. Ours has a hand brake handle with an external band brake. It's still in good shape having endured two sons. The youngest is now 6'5" and doesn't fit anymore. I put a larger motorcycle solo...
  6. K

Baja Warrior

Warrior frame looks much better in blue. Nice change from Chinese black. CV carb makes an ironhead a good runner, I converted mine about 15 years ago. I even have it down to one kick when its warm and haven't hyper extended my knee since.
  7. K

Baja Warrior

Like both your projects, your Ironhead and your warrior. I have a '74 XLH.
  8. K

stretched my db30

Yup, Greenville. 1 mile off 150.
  9. K

stretched my db30

I stretched my DB30 6" but cut the weld at the engine plate and left the foot pegs forward. I put in another tube cross member to weld the engine plate to. I'm mounting a GX 160 with a clutch. Might go with a TAV later. We're practically neighbors, I'm west of New Albany 12 miles. Maybe we can...
  10. K

DB30 Wheel Bearings

I used the bearings from OldMiniBikes and of course they are made in china but also cheap enough to replace every year. My DB has a GX160 and I haven't overpowered anything yet. Opinion.
  11. K

Scraps

Yes I used the e bay ad for a little inspiration to build my front end. I'm a fabricator and not a real engineer. I did however mount the shocks in double shear as I didn't like them in single shear. Frame pics coming soon.
  12. K

My Mini "Chopper" Build

Good looking work. I've always wanted to get into powdercoating but have a couple of shops nearby that do good work and I just can't justify it.....yet. Later on maybe. Are the simple kits from places like Eastwood a good way to start or should a guy get more professional equipment? Obviously...
  13. K

Tass's Bobber Build

Enjoying your build and watching the progress. Must be nice to have a separate "photo studio" to show your work. I'm stuck with a messy workbench/shop. Maybe I should quit complaining and clean up.
  14. K

What Was Your First Mini bike ?

In the mid '60's my dad bought me a frijole kit without an engine. He found a two stroke clinton, bought it and a clutch and we were in business. I rode it for a couple of months with no brakes as it had some kind of crude drum brake I couldn't get to work. It was fast too. I don't remember what...
  15. K

Scraps

Probably not build log worthy but here it goes. My version of a sprung front end. Mostly bending mistakes from my scrap pile. This is for my "sorta" Tote Gote clone. Tires and wheels are 20x7x8. Getting started on the frame today. Kind of shooting from the hip on dimensions. More soon.