Recent content by Luke135

1. Luke135

Early 1960's minibikes.

This project is more for looks than riding. The pipe is something I hacked together. The motor is a converted mac 300 chainsaw. It runs good and pulls hard once the rpms are up. The fender is single mount. The frame is a $10 flea mkt find. I stretched it 8 inches.
  2. Luke135

The FIRST ....and "LAST" Bonanza

It was basically a 2 wheeled race go kart. With speed gearing it was clocked at 59mph. What a thrill for a 13 year old boy. I went on to race karts and ama flatrack motorcycles.
  3. Luke135

The FIRST ....and "LAST" Bonanza

In 1965 I bought serial #7 for 34 bucks of my paper route earnings. It was all original with raised motor mount and came with a west bend 5 port 580. The rear sprocket also doubled as a disc brake with 2 aluminum calipers squeezing the sprocket
  4. Luke135

The death ped

I left it with my brother and he gave it away. So I reincarnated it into this. 5.5 horse tecumseh power sports motor cvt drive 12" turf tires dual disc brakes and as a special bonus 50 mph clocked on my phone..
  5. Luke135

The death ped

The motor came off a lawn edger. The handle made it easier to load into a truck or trailer.
  6. Luke135

Early 1960's minibikes.

Made it.
  7. Luke135

The death ped

About 10 years ago we were drinking in the garage and came up with this thing. Having fun guys. That's what it's all about. Btw it clocked at just over 30 plus..
  8. Luke135

Fast one

Btw the exhaust is 3 stage and the muffler is gutted.
  9. Luke135

Fast one

So do the math guys. Full blown raptor briggs 7000 rpm 12 clutch sprocket 60 tooth rear sprocket 11 inch tire. It rips.
  10. Luke135

Early 1960's minibikes.

Early minibikes used 2 stroke gokart motors. This is a replica of one I owned in 1965. They were fast and oh my..dangerous.. I went on to race go karts and ama flatrack. It was a different world back then.
  11. Luke135

Disc brake on a minibike

Well like gene krantz said during the apollo 13 incident. "I dont want to know what something was designed to do. I want to know what it can do"
  12. Luke135

Disc brake on a minibike

I used to ride mountain bikes when I was younger. Me 200 lbs on a bike flying downhill at 50 mph. Brakes held up just fine.
  13. Luke135

Disc brake on a minibike

One design item of note. The adaptor that attaches the disc to the hub has 1" engagement on the hub. I machined it with a almost press fit. There are 4 set screws which go into dimpled holes in the hub. Been doing this for years. No problems yet..
  14. Luke135

Disc brake on a minibike

I have used bicycle disc brakes on many projects for years. Never have had a problem. Heres one example. Disc brakes front and rear. P.S. its fast ..50mph