Recent content by mini61

1. M

On the Topic of Old, How Old is your Lil Indian

The serial number is stamped on the upper surface of the engine mounting plate in the corner. This is where Ray Michrina told me to look for it. I never knew they were numbered at all. I've got a picture I'll upload later to show you where it is on mine.
  2. M

The serial number is stamped into the top surface of the engine mounting plate in the corner. Ray Michrina is the one who told me where to look. I never knew they numbered them.
  3. M

It is on the engine mounting plate in the corner. I've got a picture of it but not available from this computer. It is stamped parallel with frame bar below the plate. Ray Michrina was the one who told me about the serial numbers and where to look.
  4. M

Any chance you guys will be reproducing the old internal brake parts?
  5. M

I have since removed all of the paint and my 61 was an almost turquoise light blue. Not the greatest looking but original. I think the Michrina article mentions the color choices somewhere. Do you have any lead for where I might find the missing brake parts I need? Thanks for your response.
  6. M

The lights were something I bought for it back in the 60's. They ran off of a huge rectangular battery that bolted on right in front of the tail light. Always was a pain with the muffler so close. In my restoration I'd like to know the brand and company info for the lights but there is no...
  7. M

I am playing around with trying to restore a 1961 Lil Indian and appreciate pictures from that era or pictures of restorations. I have a bunch I'll post, most of which came from Ray Michrina. Some of these pics show the early Lil Indian with a West Bend right side drive. Some with the Clinton...
  8. M

Brake Parts for Early 60's Lil Indian

I'm looking for the internal brake band for an early 60's Lil Indian. They used an expanding single internal brake band mounted on a backing plate inside the sprocket. I have all of the parts except the internal band itself. I've attached an old photo of a 61 that shows what I'm referring to...
  9. M

Wanted Clinton 2 cycle Right hand drive

I'm looking for a clinton 2 cycle A-400, A-490 engine. Right hand drive, (clockwise rotation, see the attached photo). It is for a 1961 lil indian like in the photo. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks
  10. M

1961 model 300 Lil Indian Brake Parts

I'm restoring a 1961 Lil Indian. It used an internal drum brake as part of the rear wheel half and sprocket. I have all of the parts except the internal brake shoe and hardware for connection to the brake cable. Any leads would be appreciated. (see attached images) Thanks in advance.