Recent content by mjgriffin

1. M

Building first minibike

Why aren't mini bikes more popular? No one realizes how handy they are. I know when mine is built I'm just going to pick it up and throw it in the back of my truck and go down to the platte river to go trail riding. It doesn't cost a fortune like a new dirtbike would. It gets 100 mpg so if you...
  2. M

Building first minibike

Yeah a supercharger is a possibility if I have nothing else to do over the long winters out here. I won't be the first person to have tried it with a 5hp briggs: SuperCharged 5hp Briggs&Stratton - YouTube I will probably just stick with rebuilding it and machining the cylinder head to give it...
  3. M

Building first minibike

So I've decided to go with the kit (when I have enough money) Azusa Minibike Kit - 8" Wheels I was looking at these tires 480 X 400 X 8 2Ply Super Lug Carlisle I think they might fit on the 8" wheels that come with the kit. I'm also going to buy a rebuild kit for my Briggs, and get a Max Lube...
  4. M

Building first minibike

Twister, who was talking about you or to you because I know I wasn't. Funny how you guys took that personally, considering that it wasn't directed towards any of the people on this forum. What I said was people don't do shit themselves any more for whatever reason, maybe they're lazy or maybe...
  5. M

Building first minibike

Why a kit? because I like building things with my own two hands, that's why. I want to take pride in the fact that I built it using parts that I want to use on it. I don't mind getting my hands dirty and people never do things themselves they take the easy way out and just buy sh**.
  6. M

Building first minibike

How big is the Azusa frame? I asked that about twice so far and I need to know because I don't want to buy something that I will look stupid riding because of how big I am. And how capable is this thing going to be off road? I know that I am not buying a dirtbike I just want something to screw...
  7. M

Building first minibike

That is true but I will be buying it all separately at different times in the building process, so I won't be spending all of that money all at once. I am not going to buy the kit because the parts that come with the kit are not the ones that I want going on my bike. By the way dude nice bike...
  8. M

Building first minibike

Says here: Azusa Minibike frame and forks that the frame and fork kit that I am looking at costs $120, plus another $50 for shipping. That adds up to only $170, that's still $30 less than the $200 mark. So I might have to spend a little more than I thought. Big whoop. I could skip the powder...
  9. M

Building first minibike

Yeah I don't want to and shouldn't have to spend more than $200 building it, since I already have the motor. How big are the Azusa frames? Are they like stupidly tiny or would it look decent with the big 17.5" tires and 8" rims? I don't want a frame that I'll regret buying because it looks stoopid.
  10. M

Building first minibike

Also, where would I get the frame without buying it online? I live in a small town so I will do it online if I have to. I am totally new to mini bikes, but I am very mechanically inclined. Just letting you know in case I as any stupid questions.
  11. M

Building first minibike

I am looking at my options as far as mini bikes go, I need something for off road and ATV trails. I was thinking about buying an Azusa frame, powdercoating it blood red, putting my 5hp Briggs & Stratton on it, installing 8" black rims, and the biggest tires possible with this frame (17.5" tires...