Recent content by Monte88

1. Monte88

Drag Bike

Took a few months off for other projects, but just jumped back into finishing the fab work before paint.
  2. Monte88

Illegal 100' Minibike Drag Race Oct 23rd at noon in Mass

Was fun while it lasted. Wish I had more time to prep the bike, but there is always next time!
  3. Monte88

Rain in the afternoon tomorrow?
  4. Monte88

I have no problem with next Sunday. If anyone wants to come, my friends shop, SD Concepts in East Providence is having a Dyno day this Sunday at 10am. I'm going to try and strap down my mini bike.
  5. Monte88

Joe's bike is still a part, but I'm trying to get him to steal our other friends bike for the event. My cousin will probably be coming with his bike as well. I think Joe has Herbs number, I'll have him ask.
  6. Monte88

I should be able to make it, I have a smaller motor in the blue bike cause the new frame and godzilla engine aren't done yet.
  7. Monte88

Drag Bike

All done! Haven't done much on it since the local race got canceled. Frame is all apart and ready for prep and paint as soon as I come up with a color scheme.
  8. Monte88

Drag Bike

HAhaha, no problem. I am still flip-flopping on a paintjob between a German Tank "PanzerBug", and a Smokey Yunick themed Black and Gold paintjob.
  9. Monte88

Drag Bike

NAVY! It says NAVY right on it!!!!! :laugh: I cannibalized the engine, wheel, and some gears from it, but I will probably get it back together with some kind of engine. I most likely won't have this new bike done in time for the first race (whenever/wherever it will be), so I'll see what happens.
  10. Monte88

Drag Bike

Shortened fuel tank Machining blower pulley Mocked up in the frame with the new hydraulic brake
  11. Monte88

Drag Bike

With the tire, you just use the biggest one you can fit for traction and then match the gearing to your anticipated top speed. With such a big tire, I had to use the jackshaft to get enough gear, 14/85 wasn't even enough. The carb will be draw-through... easier with the supercharger. For the...
  12. Monte88

Drag Bike

Nah, I think Joe and Herb will still be faster. They are both going with big engines. I'll have unquestionable traction, but probably not as much power, especially for the first race where my boost will probably be low. I'll keep it in mind!
  13. Monte88

Drag Bike

I have a couple more verticals in mind once the blower/carb locations are finalized. I bought the blower from kemotorsport.com. It was 300 and change when I got it, but it looks like his pricing has gone up a bit since then.
  14. Monte88

Drag Bike

Made the pegs, I love the knurling attachment for the lathe. Dont make fun of the welds, this is my first project with the TIG. This is the AMR300 blower. All the way from Aussi-land:
  15. Monte88

Drag Bike

Medium-block...its a 342cc 16 ft/lb snowblower engine that I'm building. I did the head porting and installed a cam, rod, and flywheel for my old bike, now I'll be installing a lower compression forged piston and o-ringing the head for boost.