Recent content by MrDoodleBug

1. M

Flat head Briggs mods. Help needed.

Ill get some pics and send them to make sure their what you want.
  2. M

That looks sweet! I really like the old briggs look. I gotta find a frame though. Found a crankshaft on ebay for $45 with a longer shaft. Im gonna check the rings as well.
  3. M

The carb it self is probably shot from sitting so long. It looks bad. The rest is probably still good. Yeah I still plan on using a mikuni v20 so governor gotta go. Wont need the throttle set either.
  4. M

Got it apart and gotta order some parts. Gonna check the rings while its there. I gotta to get new valves, a cover for where the gigantic low oil shutoff was, seal and gasket. I think the valve guides are good. Gonna clean it up and maybe paint the block blue or white.
  5. M

Finally got extra time to pull the engine. Looking it over it has a manifold but I doubt its 48mm. Hopefully gonna get it stripped and the crank pulled over the next couple days. Found a place with mini bike frames about 3 hours away so planning on going and getting 1 or 2.
  6. M

It was a Cat Pump. Yeah I believe the shaft was 1 inch or 1-1/4. I believe the 407 mikuni adapter will work on this engine because its much newer than the other two flatheads. This one is a 133000 series.
  7. M

Part two update. After lots of pounding I got the pressure washer pump off but bad news is it snapped the crank off at the engine. Partially good news though after looking up the part number the stub of the crank was short from the factory so gonna buy a horizontal crank off of ebay with a...
  8. M

Well a little update. Dug around my shop and found a old pressure washer with a industrial briggs 5 hp flat head. The pump is stuck to it so Im trying to get that off but its a 93 year. Also trying to get a mini bike frame instead of the yamaha.
  9. M

The spacing on both of my briggs is 1-3/8 inch center to center or 41 mm. Those adapters are all 48mm. The briggs 5hp has a 3rd hole has a spacing of 44 mm. Im thinking of buying a tecumseh manifold off ebay for $20 or so and seeing if it will fit.
  10. M

@minibikin' I looked at those and the holes are spaced too far apart. @massacre I don't know and sadly don't have a new one to compare to.
  11. M

Alot of the stuff is for newer engines. Both of these are old. The hold up on both is a intake manifold. I found a tecumseh but dont know the bolt hole distance. The one adapter I did find is $50 and it says for 90+ flatheads. These are both pre 90 heck they got points lol. I dont have a welder...
  12. M

Its so old I'd rather go with a new carb setup. I might check out the 5 hp too. After doing more research the 79cc predator manifold on Agk looks like it will fit the briggs flat head if I open the hols up. Its off a couple millimeters
  13. M

Just to put around, no racing. Both have points but the 3 hp coil is shot to doing away with the points as well. I just don't know what to do with governor on the 5hp with the vm20 carb.
  14. M

Hello I have new project and need some help. Im trying to use what I got and can't figure some things out. First is I have a old Yamaha Chappy frame. I gotta get a set of forks and rear shocks, but the issue is power. My two engines are a 3 hp briggs off a edger. It has no governor. Intake is...
  15. M

Yamaha Chappy Project/ Resto mod

More pics! Well was able to get most of it taken apart. I also noticed the flywheel is gone. Only a few more things to take off.