Recent content by Nitro

1. N

Doodlebug Smooth Ride

radial runout In a perfect world, your tires would be round. In the real world, they're not. Support your bike so you can spin the front tire. Looking at the tire from the side, you will see that the tire is not really round. It has highs and lows. This is called radial runout. Tires can be...
  2. N

low speed needle/clone

After waiting for a reply, I decided to just dig in. Removing the original low speed needle is really easy! The motor has a really nice smooth idle. Way less shaking!
  3. N

low speed needle/clone

Installing the new low speed needle has made the motor run much smoother!!
  4. N

low speed needle/clone

Slot the end of the old needle with a Dremmel. Heat the carb body with a propane torch right where the threads for the needle are. The needles have been Loctited in. The heat turns the Loctite to jelly. The needle backed out easily.
  5. N

low speed needle/clone

I was told the replacement carb body for the clone engines came without a low speed needle. I bought the carb body thinking I could install a new low speed needle and be able to tune the low speed mixture. Not! Just like the original carb, the needle is already installed. Has anyone...
  6. N

Doodlebug Smooth Ride

tires Check your tires for radial runout. If the tires run out badly you will feel it. Tires can be rotated on the rims to improve this runout sometimes. Check for balance. Nitro
  7. N

new engine

tank mount I've run a steel strap from the front seat bolt forward. The fuel outlet nipple runs through a hole in this strap. I used some large tie raps, and the really long chrome radiator style clamps to hole the tank down. Still not sure which I like better. You could cut a short piece of...
  8. N

new engine

tank mount
  9. N

Hello from Florida.

me 2 Ocala Fl. Stone throw from the Garlits museum.
  10. N

1968 rupp single speed vs 2 speed questions

I had a Lil Indian with the 2 sp. Seems like a single speed setup gives you a mini that will go about 35. Second gear adds another 10 mph. 45 on a mini is haulin! Nitro
  11. N

fat tires/ Lil Indian

Hey Joe I had a 6000, and a friend had a 7000. I thought they ran the same tire and wheel. It's been a long time and I can't remember alot of the important things about that bike. Joe , you may be able to help me identify what year bike I owned. It had a Briggs 5 hp, two speed, fold down...
  12. N

Your Engine's Governor

oops
  13. N

Your Engine's Governor

max rpms What rpms are the clowns supposed to produce safely? Nitro
  14. N

aftermarket exhaust on stock engine

You won't have any problems with your motor adding a nicer exhuast system. They sound better, and sure make your ride look better. HOWEVER! Make sure the pipe is a direct bolt on for your frame!! Nitro