Recent content by nutwagonfromhell

1. N

1974 Honda Xl70 valves out of tune

seems like what ever I do the valves are not correctly reset or they`ll slap. I`m having troubles locating the piston with a plastic tube to feel it. I dont know if a mini dirt bike counts as a mini bike, If not can somebody point me to a good forum for me? I bought it last weekend for a hundred...
  2. N

jet drilling?

I have another question. Where can I buy heads and cams? and also what models work? I dont wanna build a cruiser I`m looking to build a mild drag bike but not kill myself riding it too lol. I`m also building a 5 hp briggs with raptor crank conn. rods and piston and a crane cam. what should be...
  3. N

Whats your favorite car, hot rod, bike?

Very nice cars. I`m a mustang fan too. I have an 88 thunderbird sport with all the options. I put a few bolt ons and it`s just as fast as an ho 5.0. It`s basically a stock standard 5.0 with the ford traction lock rear end. 5.0`s are fun and cheap to build. I really dont liek anything about the...
  4. N

jet drilling?

cool thanx guys It just doesnt like it when I open the choke all the way. I pulle the carb apart last night to find the jet is very restricted. I was thinking drilling it out a tad with a drill press since the jet already sux.
  5. N

jet drilling?

Do they sel drill bits to drill out a jet or a rejet kit for ohv lawn mower engines. My turd costco champion engine`s jet is a touch too small and falls on its face when i open the choke. I pulled the carb apart and my guess is the jet.
  6. N

Tecumseh carb problems

Hey Josh, would those carbs fit a honda clone champion engine from costco? I have the same prob on mine and never got it to run right.
  7. N

Tecumseh carb problems

My buddy has a go cart with a tecumseh 5.0 hp ohv engine and the fuel wont get past the bowl. he rebuilt the carb and I think the bottom bolt holding the bowl cap on is whats causing the problem. The bolt has 2 holes at the end of it and has to be lined up to a fuel passage inside the bowl and...
  8. N

how fast can everyones mini bike go??

I think mine may hit 30 mph on the old motor. I replaced the 5 hp with a 6.5 ohv. but i havent finished it yet but before it would wobble at 30 and i couldnt go any faster or i would spill.
  9. N

Getting rid of rust?

Try brasso that stuff can remove car paint
  10. N

WANTED! Brake system

Looking for a rear drum brake, wheel, hub and sprocket. PM me with price.
  11. N

While strolling through Costco today

I`m wondering if i could stick a briggs carb on it or a honda carb so i can make some adjustments to it. would that fit on there?
  12. N

What engine company is this? someone said honda, now from my experience with small honda engines on motorcycle are total piles. this is a nonadjustable carb. I mean it`s a nice engine but wtf. I kinda thought it was too lean.
  13. N

Oh one more thing, if i leave the choke on too long it floods it.
  14. N

your totally right on about high dollar egos, it ruined muscle cars for me. I found hot rods as an alternative, building with what you got or find parts in the junk yards or barns or making parts out of junk, ect. I didnt really need this engine but it was such a deal I couldnt pass on it. on...
  15. N

I know. After I saw the engine on here and saw it at the tool store I had to get one. question is how to set up the throttle cable on it. Yellowhand I saw you did a ohv throttle kit. will that work on this engine?