Recent content by oldskoolmc

1. oldskoolmc

Seat options

Hey all, I'm on to my second mini bike project and have a question about seats. My other machine is a DB30 and the stock seat is fine. I just picked up one of those coleman ct200u mini bikes and the stocker seat is a little on the hard side. So my question is do I open the stock one up...
  2. oldskoolmc

doodlebug DB30 throttle

I personally wouldn't sink a penny into that 97cc POS engine. Save up a few bucks and just go the 6.5 clone route. That jackshaft kit might work as a patch but you still have a POS engine that IMO, is complete garbage. If you know how to use a ruler and drill you can install a clone without...
  3. oldskoolmc

Done the swap on the Doodle and Dirt bug now.

Thanks for the info on the pipe. I'll make it work too if needed. I'll let you know how it turns out.
  4. oldskoolmc

Here is mine all done. Since this pic I've installed #90 jet, intake adapter and K/N filter. I have a brute power pipe on order that I'm waiting for now. Install was simple on the new frame and no adapter plate is needed.
  5. oldskoolmc

I'm going to be doing my install this weekend if my engine comes in today. I don't plan on using that adapter either. Easy enough to drill a few holes. The clearance shouldn't be a problem without the plate. I'll take some pics when I'm done. :thumbsup:
  6. oldskoolmc

New style DB30 questions

I don't plan on using a engine mounting kit. So I think I'll be able to move the engine forward enough to clear that bar. If not, a little bending should work. Thanks for the info though. :smile:
  7. oldskoolmc

New style DB30 questions

Ok, thanks, I'm searching around for the greyhound 6.5 right now. I rather have something I know someone has that works. Anyone know much about these clones?? NR RACING Are they the same size as the blue HF clones?
  8. oldskoolmc

New style DB30 questions

I'm more worried about engine size and the new style DB. Can anyone confirm that this engine works? Or another engine that fits the new style frame?
  9. oldskoolmc

New style DB30 questions

Hey all, I'm new to the site and just picked up the newer style DB30. I have a few simple swap questions. Has anyone installed this exact engine in the new style DB? I'm looking to do this swap. From what I've read on the forum for ease of install, I really only need two things...