Recent content by puttnikdude

1. P

Putt-Nik Go-kart

Go out to macbobaust.com and search in his go karts section under US karts and look up the putt nik The kart pictured was for sale about five years back on ebay while I was on vacation when it came up on bid. It is a late production Super Leo in the factory blue color and is almost all...
  2. P

Putt-Nik Go-kart

The karts came in several colors. The factory brochure (which I have an original copy) sez they are in metallic blue. It was a medium metallic sky blue that Ford was using in 1960. Although my next door neighbor's Leo was gloss black. Tommy Chapman who worked at the factory and was the small...
  3. P

Putt-Nik Go-kart

Yo HP, Keep in mind that most of the structural frame failures I have encountered on Putt's in the Leo series are where the frame breaks in half directly under the front of the drive side motor mount. Carefully check yours prior to turning your grandson loose in the yard redo your grass with...
  4. P

Putt-Nik Go-kart

Thanks for the kind words Steve. My cousin, a home room classmate and my next door neighbor all had Putt Niks in 1960. I built my "kart" out of a Red Cap reel mower. I pined for a real go kart for years.......... One day five years back, while heading for work, I drove by a lady setting up...
  5. P

Putt-Nik Go-kart

Good Morning Mr. Papa, Your pictured kart is an early 1960 Putt Nik Leo. There were at least three variations of the Leo. The earliest one had a much smaller OD enclosed rear axle tube. Pretty soon, Cummings Enterprises, who built the karts in Washington, GA (West of Augusta) enlarged the...