Recent content by Robsbird

1. Robsbird

Bird "Behind" the barn find

I had one I restored a while back, nice little bike! Easy to pull wheelies on. Some forks had springs, others did not. If you got springs they are probably rusted up inside. Mine took a lot of lube and whacking with a mallet to get them apart and working again. There were 2 types of bar clamps...
  2. Completed Bird Nighthawk

Completed Bird Nighthawk

Completed Bird Nighthawk
  3. Completed Bird Nighthawk

Completed Bird Nighthawk

Completed Bird Nighthawk
  4. Robsbird

Bird Nighthawk being parted out...

Yes the pad is still available. I have found a few pics of these on various websites and I have the original Sears part number sticker for mine. No help from the sears website and I have not found a Sears catalog that showed this mini. PM for shipping info. Robsbird
  5. Robsbird

Any shipping cheaper than UPS for mini frame?

Thanks will try Greyhound
  6. Robsbird

New toy, what is it?

Its a Bird Nighthawk sold by Sears. There are at least 4 of them on this site. Look at my avatar/pictures for a refinished one looks like. Rob
  7. Robsbird

Any shipping cheaper than UPS for mini frame?

I was giving away some parts but to ship a 35lb box 3 ft long from Atlanta to Arizona it was $141! Any cheaper way to ship something like this? thanks Rob
  8. Robsbird

leaky carb

if you mean the white connector that pushes into the carb, I could not locate a new one anywhere around here so I used JB Weld, fixed it perfectly. Rob
  9. Robsbird

Free Sears/Bird frame!

Frame has been spoken for! Thanks.
  10. Robsbird

Free Sears/Bird frame!

As you see it, its straight, good welds but its just the rear frame section. The rest has been sold. Just pay postage maybe a box if I cant find a free one. I will throw in a decent clutch with 11 teeth on it, plus 2 5ft sections of 35 chain with several new master links. I will have to...
  11. Robsbird

FINAL UPDATE: Bird Nighthawk Frame $20 plus shipping(see previous pic) no forks Clutch 11 tooth with 2 5ft chains one new, master links too $10 plus shipping
  12. Robsbird

Not much left, heres an updated list: UPDATED PARTS PRICE LIST: if its not on the list, it has been sold. Brake pad, aluminum, good shape $8 Clutch (maxtorque?) 11 teeth, 10ft 35 chain (2 5ft pieces) 3 master links $20 Frame, with original Sears part number sticker, as you see it $30.
  13. Robsbird

UPDATED PARTS PRICE LIST: if its not on the list, it has been sold. Brake pad, aluminum, good shape $8 Handlebars with new kill switch and new throttle and cable great chrome $40 Handlebar mounts, these are aluminum and attach to the fork with two 3/8 bolts, these may fit artic cats...
  14. Robsbird

Tecumseh Carburetor Help

remove the bolt holding the bowl on. Look at it very carefully. There will be probably 2 holes near the bolt head, clean them, then look near the threads you may find one more TINY hole, clean it and reassemble and test it.
  15. Robsbird

Chainguard is spoken for but I do have the handlebars. Chrome is excellent, includes new...

Chainguard is spoken for but I do have the handlebars. Chrome is excellent, includes new throttle grips and cable and new kill switch. $50 Does not included the clamps to mount to fork. Rob