Recent content by SAT

1. S

is this a doodlebug?

I would turn it back into a Streaker if it rode a bit wonky. We love our Streaker.
  2. S

Removing tires

I haven’t used the search function here for a while, but there are several old threads using 3/4” plywood cutouts and a press or other means of force. I would lubricate the old bead area with Gibbs penetrant. You’ll get it.
  3. S

Skat kitty exhaust “elbow”

The elbow is black pipe, mild steel.
  4. S

Ok markus got a new issue

7/32”, look real close at the float valve tip and seat
  5. S

Wanting to build a mini bike w/a MAC 80 I have

Metal fabcreations
  6. S

A cool little 1970 taco 22

Holy Grail machine for me. Nice bike
  7. S

Wanting to build a mini bike w/a MAC 80 I have

Bobby Hammond frame/forks. Most folks like somewhere’s between 5:1 and 6:1, we like em a bit higher. Need some more from you to get specific.
  8. S

Took some new pics today

We are moving to those tires asap as well. I hope they run good on wet pavement.
  9. S

Scrub Brake....

We weld shaped 1/4” plate to our Sears Runabout cast aluminum scrub brake plate with our Millermatic 141 aluminum spool gun and shielding gas. Works pretty good till OMB gets their inventory back-order. All I got.
  10. S

My Friends Mini Bike I'm Restoring

I like the way you’re thinking. I’m hoping to hear about your results. We sometimes have issues with bikes sliding excessively on new wet pavement.
  11. S

My Friends Mini Bike I'm Restoring

Nice work. Shouldn’t the band tighten in the same direction of rotation? I’ve never tried the set-up this way. I sure it will work just fine either way. Maybe just a myth.
  12. S

tecumseh-ohh build

Nice work, great attention to detail. Sometimes it’s the little stuff that ends-up being the trip hazard.
  13. S

throttle control question

Jeff, I googled for images of our H35 throttle-governor control and found a few good closeups. Yours should be danger close to the same. Gotta pull the shroud. Didn’t even have to open the L head manual. Steve
  14. S

Good news,bad news predator 212

Carb float, valve and seal. The valve seal can end up crooked in the seat casting and there u go.
  15. S

Skat kitty exhaust “elbow”

You can read about pipe threads, modify an inexpensive pipe tap by cutting off the first several taper threads, and tap the hole a bit bigger. Then cut the first several threads off the male NPT to fit well. NPT are tapered, move the poorly-fitting taper further up the taper diameter. Hope...