Recent content by shortys345

1. S

looking for some help rebuilding 5hp briggs I/C

I should be able to take some pics of the project this weekend and put them on here... I think im going out on sunday and buying the bike its going on... I have the whole motor broke down in every piece possible haha... Got my block, cover, head, exhaust and gas tank painted along with some...
  2. S

Ok haha I started the thread but have got a ton of information thanks everyone! Here's what im doing/having trouble with... Im going to get... ARC Billet Rod 94ss Cam but I dont know if I need springs or what to go with the cam... that stuff is new to me. Also what kind of carburetor upgrades...
  3. S

thats a great link and looks exactly like my engine but my model number is 133232 type 0036 01 and I dont believe there are any kart shops around me is there some links I could look at to buy parts where could I get this cam?
  4. S

I took my 5 hp briggs I/C apart a couple years ago and had to move around because of work and health issues so it kind of got left to the side in my work shed. But now I would like to break it down repaint everything and rebuild it. the problem is I dont remember how everything goes together...
  5. S

new to the Briggs 5hp I/C

Thanks for the sites they helped quite a bit! I removed the governor today also thanks once again for the direction! Any suggestions on how to tap out the brass fitting that holds the arm in? Also, I still cant seem to find any good information on an aftermarket carb for these or how one of...
  6. S

how do I know which billet rod to choose there are multiple options? Also, what is all needed to get rid of the stock briggs carb and switch to a mikuni? Ive heard 24mm is the size to go with but I cant find a place that sells that size. Would a cam also be a good upgrade? Do they make...
  7. S

Thanks for the input! I believe I have a governor but how do I remove it? Is there a manual I can use like a haynes for cars?
  8. S

Hi everyone, I've decided this winter to take apart an old B & S 5hp I/C and add a little performance to it. I was just wondering what my options were? Ive snooped around the forum a little bit but could use some more advice. What are my performance options? Ive heard the terms Raptor an...