Recent content by snowb1133

1. S

A few mods I need help with....

Hows it goin guys, im going to paint my db30 black tomorrow. However I would like to get a few things in order before I do. I want to put a 1" header for an exhaust instead of the stock one. Anyone find any 1" pipe online? Secondly, I NEED some ape hangers on my doodlebug, anyone else help me...
  2. S

electric start DB-30

How many volts would I need to run just the electric start alone?
  3. S

any one have a DB with a 6.5 and a tav 2

How much speed to you actually see out of one of these TAV 2's from the stock 6.5 engine?
  4. S

Engine swap complete but chain coming off...

Thats absolutely your issue, I only allow about 1/2 and inch of slack on the chain. Not only with more slack is it more likely to come off, but I also lose some speed! hope this helps
  5. S

how fast can a 6.5hp ungoverned engine pull the doodlbug thhat weighs about 140-150 l

ahh im sorry den is right, thank you for me. Dont know what I was thinking. The smaller the sprocket the faster top speed, but the slower take off
  6. S

for high speeds like 40-50mph what kinda tires should i use?

Obviously tubed is better for what your looking for, however the tubless that come stock will hold up. you just have to make sure they are correctly fastened after a few rides, cause that could get back when your going that fast.... The tubless just can not handle the huge bumps, or jumps. I...
  7. S

finished my 6.5

you are my hero dillon thank you p.s. my name is dylan too
  8. S

how fast can a 6.5hp ungoverned engine pull the doodlbug thhat weighs about 140-150 l

well i believe the stock rpms are about 3600. And the question is not how fast you will go, but how fast will the engine go before becoming a grenade.... with the clutches, it is just preference really, however i have heard that comet clutches are better than maxtorque clutches. They both cost...
  9. S

Can I install a 6.5hp engine on my DB30 without cjtmini mount kit?

yes of course you can mount it without the custom faceplate, you will just have to drill the holes wider for the new engine screws to fit in the bottom.
  10. S

Ape Hangers on the doodlebug

Sounds simple enough I will try it see how it works
  11. S

would the setup process go any different? other than connecting risers and bars?
  12. S

haha yup i was planning on painting them. hopefully just spraypaint works!
  13. S

Hey guys, Just thinking about doing something to put my db30 out there, different from the rest..... and it came to me..... APE HANGERS! I am thinking about welding 20 inch bars on each side, i will have to get a much longer throttle cable, but if I go to the junk yard and get the steel...
  14. S

finished my 6.5

Could you put up a pic of this screw that will increase the top speed please?
  15. S

how old are you?

Looks like am a young one over here haha only 15!