Recent content by snschuler

1. S

Skat Kitty Rebuild

If anyone is interested, I would take $1000 OBO. And BUMP.
  2. S

Skat Kitty Rebuild

bump
  3. S

Skat Kitty Rebuild

Rebuilt from the original 1960s minibike with new and custom parts (listed below) all efforts have been attempted to keep the original appearance. The frame is complete without any cracks (although there are minor drilled holes (<1/3" diameter) from previous mods near the gas tank that do not...
  4. S

Skat Kit

Had a hard time finding a replacement Tecumseh. The old engine was long gone when I got it. I wanted a similar 79cc 2.5Hp. I went with a Carroll Stream...
  5. S

Old/New Skat Kitty Owner

I am currently entertaining offers on the Skat Kitty on ebay. Just do a search for "Skat Kitty with Sidecar". My apologies if this is not the right place to post this. New to the forums.
  6. S

Skat Kit

Found my old Skat Kitty. Engine, gas tank, and kill switch was missing, so replaced it with a new Carroll Stream 2.5 HP, and a spun aluminum tank. Cleaned is up, fresh coat of paint, and tweaked a few bits. Overall, came out nice. Had a sidecar too! https://youtu.be/-eXf42u0xkA
  7. S

Old/New Skat Kitty Owner

Finally...after much, much and much more tinkering, I finally got the Kitty up and running. Had to get a couple of custom pieces made, but overall...it came out nicely. Now...for a question to Skat Kitty owners...HOW does the brake mount? I see some photos where it is in the front or back...
  8. S

Old/New Skat Kitty Owner

Got it together. Have some minor tweaks and just ordered a gas tank (current one is just temporary) that more closely resembles the original. Hope to have it completely done by this weekend. Fingers crossed.
  9. S

Old/New Skat Kitty Owner

New engine (the original 2.5 Tecumseh was long gone), clutch, foam for seat (vinyl was still in top shape). I still need to modify the exhaust and attach the straight pipe. Attach chain guard and get the throttle set. I did a "shake and spray" on the scratches and it matched the paint...
  10. S

Old/New Skat Kitty Owner

I hope to have pics and video up soon.
  11. S

Old/New Skat Kitty Owner

Hello everyone from good ol' Muncie, Indiana. When I was 5 or 6 years old, I was given an awesome Skat Kitty minibike. I rode it for a year or so before it stopped for good. When I was 12 or 13, I decided to give my mechanical skills the test and fix the bike. My (not so nice) father found...