Recent content by sourceminer

1. sourceminer

Created a New Group for Hiawatha Doodlebug Owners

Just an update.. Hey guys been a while since I have posted in here. Had some issues with my Briggs engine, finally figured out it was the timing. Anyway have my Doodlebug super running again, I know I just made Gramps happy. Anyone try to register for use in California? I would like to drive...
  2. sourceminer

Doodle Bug

Thats awesome. Cool to hear all the stories that go into these mini bikes. I finally got my Belt guard for my super. Now just have to paint it.
  3. sourceminer

Doodle Bug

Ha ha, Your right. When I set my mind to get something done I do it. One project at a time. I dont know what I am going to do next, I dont have any other mini so I guess this is it for me for now.. Get your Hiawatha DONE already!! just do it, git er done.
  4. sourceminer

Doodle Bug

Well I would have to get a complete list but I believe Alaska (as seen in the photo plowing though the snow) Vietnam ( I believe I heard Gramps talking about this... not sure though) Several others I am sure, I will have to get a complete list from Grams. If you guys are familiar with El...
  5. sourceminer

Doodle Bug

Today we took it on its first maiden voyage. Here are more photos taken today as we finalized the bike (still some paint touch ups to do) but the bulk of the ride is done. And the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gREzwU4re04
  6. More doodlebug photos

More doodlebug photos

7. More doodlebug photos

More doodlebug photos

8. More doodlebug photos

More doodlebug photos

9. sourceminer

Doodle Bug

Almost done, in time for the car show this weekend. Just waiting for a new bracket for the pulley assembly, the one I had broke :-( Tomorrow hoping to fire this guy up for the first time.
  10. Almost done.

Almost done.

11. sourceminer

Doodle Bug

Well I got my parts from Don today. This weekend I am sure I will be busy. Uncle Joe trying out the new seat. All the parts.
  12. Joe playing it cool...

Joe playing it cool...

13. Time to put this thing togeather.

Time to put this thing togeather.

14. New parts

New parts

15. sourceminer

Doodle Bug

Ok weekend warriors... Spent a day on the Doodlebug yesterday. Here is the progress: Metal work on the frame (sealing up holes etc) After lots of grinding and polishing, the frame is looking better every weekend. Had to bend the frame back into place as these bugs shift over the...