Recent content by Sprocket86

1. Sprocket86

Tire search

There is many online retail locations that have 5 inch rim diameter tires. 4.10x3.50-5 is the most common size in either sawtooth, stud or slick tread types.
  2. Sprocket86

Tecumseh adjustable main jet differences?

I am attempting at fine tuning my Tec HM-80 that is mounted on my Heald Super Bronc VT-8. The engine originally had a China ebay carb. Removed that due to throttle shaft wear causing air leaks. I cleaned up an original Tec carb off another HM-80. Very little if any throttle shaft wear. My...
  3. Sprocket86

West Bend 820 Tav2 Sprocket mini bike.

Quick update. I have installed the .032" head gasket and the HL-232 carb. Right away I can feel a power difference and the idle quality is better. I have zero issues pull starting this engine with the .032" head gasket. I know my ignition timing could be set more advanced but this is where I...
  4. Sprocket86

finally brought one home

That's a sweet find no doubt! Trail Horse minis are at the top of the food chain IMO. This one has it's correct Tecumseh H series engine and the 2 speed Comet clutch set up. Keep us posted. I would clean it up and do a mechanical resto and leave the original patina.
  5. Sprocket86

My Latest Lil Indian Build

My 2nd thought after my first "Wow what a slick looking mini" lol. I see a lot of Vintage Karts and mini bikes with only a V stack and no filter. Yikes!
  6. Sprocket86

Coleman Frame Cracked…What Are My Options?

Bummer indeed. One of the first things I check before I purchase a mini or Kart and they are not easy to spot sometimes.
  7. Sprocket86

Taz mini bike 1970s

Ebay would be your best bet.
  8. Sprocket86

Clear float bowl?

It's hard to say really. If they don't get cloudy and brittle then I would say for the price, its worth a try. I know in the motocross/enduro world there is an aftermarket carburetor by the name Lectron that uses a clear float bowl. I would be great for checking float height, just like on a...
  9. Sprocket86

Heald VT-8 top engine support bracket.

Thank you sir! I can remember when I first joined OldMiniBikes.com I read a lot of your posts/replies regarding the big Healds and I have wanted one since.
  10. Sprocket86

I found these 3/8" conduit holder straps and they worked perfect. When I first rode this bike I thought "There is no way Heald designed it this way"
  11. Sprocket86

Made a lot of progress on this Bronc today. Finished the engine support bracket. Works amazing and I strongly recommend this mod for any Bronc owner. I filled in any unnecessary holes that were drilled over the years and I made a kickstand mount reinforcement plate that greatly stiffened the...
  12. Sprocket86

Heald Super Bronc dual fuel tank set up.

How are the fuel lines connected on the Broncs with the dual fuel tank set up? Also, how are you supposed to fill the engine mounted lower tank if the frame mounted auxiliary tank is in the way?
  13. Sprocket86

I have had some good seat time on the Bronc I just acquired and when I got the governor adjusted correctly, it has plenty of power. I do need a shorter drive belt as it currently has a China 203591 belt, it slips and initial engagement is lacking. I think I need a genuine Comet 203590 belt.
  14. Sprocket86

It would be pretty cool to do a mild build on a HM Tec. I was always told and read that the stock rod will let go if revved past 4k RPM but I don't believe that. It's too bad you cannot get an ARC billet rod for the 8hp. The ungoverned Mikuni 24mm sounds really cool and would probably bolt right...
  15. Sprocket86

I wouldn't mind seeing a detailed photo of your said brake band pin holder too. Thanks.