Recent content by Tbstauffer

1. Tbstauffer

Anybody have any experience with these Lifan 125cc engines on Ebay?

I just finished an off-road shifter kart for a customer with one of these. They run super hard! Sound mean and rev out beautifully. I've had good luck with the engine hauling a 400+ pound giant go kart at 50mph. They're good to me! Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes
  2. Tbstauffer

Yamaha rt100 won't rev!

That's really helpful, tonight I will crack it open and check. Thanks for the responses!!
  3. Tbstauffer

Yamaha rt100 won't rev!

Thanks!! I bought the bike with the new carb, so there isn't an original to work with. Last night I moved the clip to the middle slot.. it was on the top slot making the needle delve fully down. I adjusted it to the middle slot and the thing ran the same. Think I just need to put it on the...
  4. Tbstauffer

Yamaha rt100 won't rev!

Haven't pulled the jets out yet, just picked it up last night. Figured it would be the stock jet size because the carburetor is stock remanufactured (Chinese of course). Was thinking on ordering a jet kit and going the next size down. Why would it do this with a stock style carb? Sent from my...
  5. Tbstauffer

Yamaha rt100 won't rev!

Hello there, I'm not sure how much this forum focuses on old dirt bikes but I have an issue. I just recently picked up a 1990 Yamaha RT-100 two stroke, it was rebuilt with a Wiseco piston and Boyesen performance reed valves. It also has a brand new carburetor. It has an issue where it won't rev...
  6. Tbstauffer

Rupp Roadster II Frame! Any Potential?

Bought a '32 Ford Go kart yesterday and the seller threw in this old Rupp frame. The gas tank is the nicest piece on it, but the frame is also usable. The front wheel isn't too awful either. Is this worth any more than trash?
  7. Tbstauffer

Chinese Scooters?

Oh, I gotcha. Haha, pretty funny actually Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes
  8. Tbstauffer

Chinese Scooters?

Or you can tell me what it says, this app won't let me copy on my phone. Sorry.. Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes
  9. Tbstauffer

Chinese Scooters?

? Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes
  10. Tbstauffer

Chinese Scooters?

Fixing a Tao-Tao 50cc scooter for somebody and it's missing two wires. Don't know where they're supposed to go, and I could not find a good wiring diagram. One wire is green (ground on these, I know that) and the other is black/white. Don't know where the black/white should be going. Both came...
  11. Tbstauffer

This price cant be right

All the nice internet mods really bring it up to value Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes
  12. Tbstauffer

Looking for Briggs race parts

Just realized I posted on the wrong classified section. Sorry, I'm new to the forum! Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes
  13. Tbstauffer

Looking for Briggs race parts

Hey guys! I build all sorts of custom mini bikes and go karts and happen to have three Briggs 5hp flatheads laying around. I have plenty of parts but want to build a real bad motor. I'm looking for aluminum flywheels, billet rods, pistons, racing cams, basically anything meant to race on a...
  14. Tbstauffer

Vintage briggs 3hp carb issues

Threw a new spark plug on it, adjusted the carburetor and put a good gas cap on it. She runs awesome now, thanks for the tips!! Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes
  15. Tbstauffer

Vintage briggs 3hp carb issues

Yes, fuel was creeping out under the plug. The gas cap actually isn't breathable at all. Flywheel key intact. I will try the cap and throw a new plug on then see. Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes