Recent content by theslob

1. T

Broken Foot Peg

Even better I would use a tube, possibly cut down lengthwise and squeezed inside the original tubing; my reasoning is that a normal home welder might have a time actually welding all of the mass of a solid rod AND the original tubing.
  2. T

Paint !! What can we use that fuel wont wash away?

I would not even think about painting with automotive catalyzed paint unless you also invest 400-1000+ in a remote air breathing system And a supplied air resperator or better yet a tyvek suit and hood With nitrile gloves. I did, and that’s why I can still do it. There are some newer less toxic...
  3. T

The Official Tom Thumb and Micro Bike Thread

I worked up the nerve to actually ride it a little more, after welding in some foot plates under the footpegs that extend in front of the loop of the frame, welded also to the bottom of the frame loop. I would have preferred tube loops that I've seen people do but that is beyond my pipe bending...
  4. T

No, I really worked from the original magazine article and the very nice early 21'st century build at the top of this thread, and used parts that were presently available to me on eBay, Harbor Freight, etc. Later on I saw minibike parts websites but I didn't want to invest too much into this and...
  5. T

This is my take on the Tom Thumb minibike, (somewhat updated). I did this not because I needed a minibike, but because I was interested in TIG welding and fabrication, and I wanted to really "old school" it and make as much as possible myself. . I can MIG weld to some degree, but for TIG...