Recent content by Thomas897

1. T

Manco Thunderbird Budget Build

Sweet build, My thunderbird is tore apart right now, wanted to paint it indigo blue metallic but I think I'll stick to the original paint color. I think you should invest in a nice flux welder, I recently bought a cheap one (100$) and it's well worth being able to fabricate yourself!
  2. T

Broncco TX-3 Restoration Finished!

Man that is a sweet ride! Great work
  3. T

Manco Thunderbird question

Here's a few pictures of the bike.
  4. T

I have a feeling it has to do with this. I put my finger over this and it wants to turn over. These are originally attached to the air cleaner, which i don't have the stock one, just a cone air filter. Getting the right air cleaner might fix my problem. Not sure though.
  5. T

Get home today, tried to take the bike out and ride again and it won't start. Did an oil change, kept trying to start it, I give it some throttle to start it and it'll bump over for a second then cut off. It makes a PSH sound and looks like it sprays fuel out of the carb? Not sure. New to...
  6. T

Just got back from riding it, clocked it at 31 mph. Talk about wheelies for days! Got a new spark plug cleaned up the Carb and used some seafoam in the gas. It's running pretty nicely. Needs a muffler and air filter now and it'll be just perfect for me
  7. T

I'll definitely clean the carb today. The chain should arrive to me today also so ill finally get to ride it . One more question : is the clutch supposed to be loose ? It moves back and forth on the shaft just making sure that isn't bad before I put the new chain on
  8. T

I have a 593-00 Manco Thunderbird. I paid 40$ for it from a friend, and my dad thinks it's not worth anything but scrap metal. It has a 5hp Briggs OHV motor, and it just needed a chain and carb clean, it runs but it won't idle just shuts off. Bought a chain for 16 bucks on eBay. Is putting...