Recent content by timinator

1. T

Throttle Cable Question

I'm looking to replace a throttle and cable. What's the difference between Lined and Unlined Conduit? Thanks
  2. T

Air filter question

Any idea how I can install a air filter to this carb? The engine is from a snow blower and just has a metal box covering it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
  3. T

Throttle help

Thanks for all the help!
  4. T

Throttle help

Hi, I just put on a 5hp Tecumseh. It's from a snow blower. I need to rig up a throttle connection. I know there is another thread going on this but the pictures are missing and I did not want to hijack. Any suggestions would be appreciated. See attached pictures. Thanks
  5. T

Tecumseh throttle connection?

Hey GTO, the pictures are no longer available. Could really use this info. Thanks
  6. T

Clutch question

I'll double-check that shaft size. Does chain size matter with a Comet or Max Torque?
  7. T

Clutch question

I'm going to need a clutch for my 5hp engine. How do I make sure I buy the right one? The shaft is 5/8" , Looks like you need to know chain type. How is that determined? Thanks Tim
  8. T

5 hp from snowblower

I just picked up a 5hp Tecumseh to upgrade my son's minibike. I've got a few questions: Its got the plug-in electric starter thingy on it. Should this be removed for a minibike? Its got the pulleys on the shaft. How hard or easy are they to take off? Should I install the clutch from...
  9. T

Kill Switch install

How easy or hard is it to remove the flywheel? Thanks
  10. T

Kill Switch install

OK, I bought an on/off switch from RadioShack. I ran one wire to the screw on the coil and the other to screw to a grounding source. See photos. Started up the engine, flipped the switch and nothing happend :( Any idea what I did wrong? - Thanks
  11. T

Kill Switch install

Wow, thanks for those pics! They should help. I'll post back with my results.
  12. T

Kill Switch install

Would it be the visible wire in the second (side view) picture I posted above? Thanks
  13. T

Kill Switch install

Thanks for the input but now I'm more confused
  14. T

Kill Switch install

I took off the pull start cover. I did not see a male sending lead. From the attached pics, can you see where the kill wire would be connected? - Thanks
  15. T

Kill Switch install

Thanks I'll give it a try. What's the function of the male sending lead otherwise?