Recent content by tjmortenson

1. T

Lifan 97cc parts needed

Hi, Im trying to build a generator with the motor off my db30, I tore the motor apart and now Im looking for parts or maybe a whole motor if anyone has one cheap or free. but the parts I need are the crankcase gasket, valves, and the little cover things on the pushrods, Im not sure what they...
  2. T

Does anyone have a motor mount template?

I am trying to put a bigger motor on my doodlebug. I don't really want to buy a plate that i can make myself. I belive that most motors are the same mount. If I am wrong, and you need the motor, it is a 3 hp briggs. Thanks!
  3. T

Will upgrade to 3hp make a difference?

Ok, does anyone have a template for drilling the holes?
  4. T

Ok, Im goin to put it on. Does anyone know an easy way to slot the plate thats on the bike for the briggs motor? Because I don't want to buy a new plate.
  5. T

How many HP is this motor?

check out this website, it has how to read the numbers on it. Briggs and Stratton Model Identification
  6. T

I found it its only a 3hp, not a 3.5. Is it still worth the effort to put it in?
  7. T

How many HP is this motor?

I have an older briggs and stratton that i need to know how many horse power it is. The numbers on it are: model 80232 type 1728-01 code 83030303. I figured out the year is 1983 but I cant find the HP. Please help!
  8. T

Help removing stuck clutch?

my dad might have one i'll have to see when i get home
  9. T

Help removing stuck clutch?

Ok, I'm trying to get a clutch of a briggs 3.5 hp. It is an older clutch that had a small bump in where it goes on the shaft from someone pounding it onto the motor. I put the clutch on only about a month ago so it shouldn't be rusted on. I put the clutch on backwards, so my puller won't grab...
  10. T

Ya, it is pretty old haha. I got it free at a garage sale a few years back. The people there said it was locked up but the recoil was just stuck. It starts first pull every time. But will it make a noticeable difference for power?
  11. T

Ok, Im a newbie to these forums but not to minibikes. I have a doodlebug with all stock parts except for the exhaust is a pipe. Anyways, I also have a briggs and stratton model 80232 type 1728-01 code 83030303 which looks like a 3.5hp and 127cc from internet searches. My question is, if swap...