Recent content by TNStreamerDreamer

1. T

Sounds like grinding rocks at low speeds, then hums.

My rear wheel free spins pretty well without any grinding sounds. I'll keep an eye on that though.
  2. T

Thanks for the reply! My bigger concern over the noise is how it feels like it is "knocking in to gear". The power comes in pops if that makes sense until it is rolling to 10-15mph then it can deliver power smoothly. Care to explain where your greased again? Something on the clutch or...?
  3. T

So, I may be in the wrong section but I was hoping for some input before I bought anything new. I am running an old Murray Track 2 with a Predator 212 I bought recently. The engine hasn't been cared for too well but seems to be okay. The clutch is one of these...
  4. T

New to mini bikes, Why do you use wide tires? Build Templates?

Yeah! That is gorgeous. I'm just curious as to the benefits or more or less tire width or why I don't see people using forks off older bikes as often.
  5. T

Hmm, that link didnt load right for me but I think I get your point. I see a few in that thread with the bicycle front tire, not so many with a thin rear tire. So the wider tires offer more comfort? Perhaps a small bicycle tire on the front would be comfortable enough? I really like the idea...
  6. T

I currently have an old Murray I bought in rough, but running shape. I am a hobbyist welder and was hoping to build another bike from scratch. I was really hoping to just chop the fork off a small bicycle but I just never see mini bikes with thinner tires like that and was curious as to why...