Recent content by Tom S.

1. Tom S.

New Spyder

Perfect! I love this site.
  2. Tom S.

Need Kawasaki KV 75 help....

That's where I usually start, too. If it won't run with the choke off the pilot jet is likely to be plugged. Remove the pilot jet from the carb body for inspection. You should be able to see daylight through the tiny hole. I've never used drill bits to clean these. I haven't had one yet that I...
  3. Tom S.

Word Association Game

Peace.
  4. Tom S.

Word Association Game

Loquacious.
  5. Tom S.

Word Association Game

Verbose.
  6. Tom S.

Paint Question

Thanks. That machine is really expensive. I suspect the guy on YT was sponsored. :D
  7. Tom S.

Paint Question

Has anyone tried one of these gizmos? I watched a guy on You Tube Who spoke highly of it. 5 Stage 9.5PSI HVLP Turbine Paint System
  8. Tom S.

Rarest minibikes

For a time I owned an SMS Trail Master mini. I doubt that these were made for more than a yer or two, beginning around 1964. They were manufactured in Oregon and Hodaka-powered. I sold mine a year ago to a Hodaka collector who will do a better restoring it than I could. I've seen a photo of just...
  9. Tom S.

Happy Thanksgiving Folks...!

That is at once both appealing and scary. Perfect! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
  10. Tom S.

trail Blazer

Welcome! This is a great site. Swell bike.
  11. Tom S.

Besides mini bikes what else do you collect or are into???

@ssparx Thanks. I've raced it on short tracks, TTs and half-mile tracks, but it's been more than a few years since the last outing.
  12. Tom S.

Gambler mini bike enduo 2020

The rubber cushions on my kid's '02 CR250 are made from fairly soft rubber and allow some movement of the handlebars, but within a very limited range. I believe that aftermarket clamps and cushions are available, but going with harder material seems to defeat the purpose.
  13. Tom S.

Gambler mini bike enduo 2020

Rubber mounting the engine can bring up all sorts of problems. Much easier to add rubber bar mounts. Off road motorcycles have used 'em for ages. Parts are inexpensive and easy to get. All you need to do is modify the top triple clamp a bit.