Recent content by txAggie

1. T

3.5hp briggs i/c wont start

One other thing I noticed is your kill wire is just flopping around, it might be grounding out your spark.
  2. T

3.5hp briggs i/c wont start

How old is the gas? When you had the carb off, did you dump out the gas and blow out the tank then put brand new gas in? Maybe you have some water or sediment in your gas tank and so the gas just isn't burning. Also, is your spring in the diaphragm right? I bought an actual B&S kit for...
  3. T

more... "homemade"

Is that a nylon scooter wheel on the back? Like off a razor?
  4. T

pull start handle pops off

Sounds to me like that starter clutch is binding up, not freewheeling when the engine is running. As for your pictures, is that just a shadow or do you have fluid in your breather vent line?
  5. T

Check out the forks!

Why straighten them? It's like having a 1/4" lift kit! :wink:
  6. T

Unplug spark plug?

Probably the easiest way for them to remove liability if someone leaves the engine running when changing it. You could still burn yourself on a hot muffler, but if they told you to pull the plug wire and you hurt yourself changing the filter while the engine (or edger) was running then they...
  7. T

Over dreamer my #$*@

The brake lever and cable look like a good price, though can't tell if the cable is rusted or gunked up. Looks like it might be.
  8. T

B&S 3.5hp output shaft only 1.5"?

Well, I got my crankshaft swapped, new gaskets all around, sealed up, linkage issue solved, and she runs like a dream. My bike has a scrub brake on it, never used one of those. Talk about un-intuitive. So I'm thinking I'll put a clutch band brake on it. Is that possible on the 3.5? I have...
  9. T

HONDA Z50 - $150 (Dallas)

--------------------------------- This is not my bike, just a listing that jumped out as me as "man, that is CHEAP for an actual Z50". I don't have the time or parts or knowledge to fix it, but one of you might.
  10. T

Good deal

Don't know much about em, but I know why the front wheel isnt' on there. That left fork looks bent back while the right one doesn't. Still looks like it would be a cool "oh, never seen one of those" at a meet.
  11. T

Does this look like a good deal?

Then you are only about 1.5 hours from Canton? I'd suggest hitting the trade days every first monday. Stay away from those silly pavilions and go out and poke around in the "garage sale" type lots set up on the outskirts (that used to be the main event). All over town those weekends people...
  12. T

first bike

I'm highly intrigued by this build, and enjoy watching for updates. One of my first attempts when I was a kid was to get a weedeater engine onto my BMX bike. Not being able to weld didn't make it possible. But one of the issues I ran into there I see cropping up here and that is how you are...
  13. T

A whole lot in Abilene -1250

Awesome! I thought about making the call to him, but think the wife would only let me have one mini-project at a time (since I have a car project also). I'd love to have that single seater gokart, could have some fun with that! Hope the bike is in great shape and you give her a new life...
  14. T

My bad, I thought that we were posting good finds. This isn't my auction, no way I'd be selling all my toys like that :) Sorry
  15. T

BUY 6 ATV'S TODAY FOR $1250 CASH - $1250 (Abilene, Tx) Kids grown and gone. $1250 CASH MONEY. Priced to move NOW! No haggling: Bring your trailer and we'll help you load it all! Yamaha 250 DT1F-101076: This dirt bike needs a throttle cable (appx $20?) see photo Yamaha Tri Moto frame...