Recent content by yinzerjim

1. Y

info on this piece of awesome?

wow. so ugly that its cool. i thought it looked older then a pep boys era bike... oh well. thanks!
  2. Y

info on this piece of awesome?

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/snw/5965574995.html 2 swing arms to dual rear tires?!?
  3. Y

the dude L bug

thank you, OND. that was my assumption. just figured i should double check. yea, it used to be blue. the previous owner had painted it black.
  4. Y

the dude L bug

its a greyhound 6.5 Hey! im in plum. about 25 minutes east of pgh
  5. Y

the dude L bug

anybody?
  6. Y

the dude L bug

so the stock air filter cover is missing on this. if i would do a cone filter like this https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/fabric-air-filter-3-1-4-x-4-.html would the stock carb jetting be ok? id also like to change the exhaust as well.
  7. Y

the dude L bug

thanks, fellas! i like going into these projects kinda blind to what is the norm, and doing it my style, uninfluenced.
  8. Y

the dude L bug

yea, i should probably put a bit more thought into the name, haha, but here is my short story in pictures. not quite done yet, but its starting to look like something...
  9. Y

New bike for me, I mean, ugh, my son!

thanks. from what ive found out, its somewhere between '69 -'72. its a 2 speed with an automatic clutch
  10. Y

i agree.. but for now im just gonna let my boy learn on it and hopefully he doesn't trash it too bad. the original plan was to get him on this honda qa50 i picked up for $35, but i think im going to keep that and make that be my full restoration project
  11. Y

Introduction...Only seven years late.

makes a lot more sense now, haha, thanks
  12. Y

Introduction...Only seven years late.

the exhaust in the second pic... that pvc pipe?
  13. Y

New to OldMiniBikes

thats a lot of minis! cant wait to see pics
  14. Y

no, it was complete when i picked it up. i just couldnt help not rip it apart when i got it home. the forks were bent, so i just straightened them and started painting