Early Morning Craigslist Find

5:30 this morning, saw this on Craigslist. Bonanza BC1500 Tank freshly Custom Painted. $230. The seller was not interested in minibikes but is 9638907D-9B71-44F6-807B-E3ED46C48751.jpeg 6B1C311E-4615-496F-8EDE-C3D99BE51B0E.jpeg BE03409F-B03C-4C9B-9DC5-FBC47AAE3E00.jpeg a Gear-head owns 3 GTOs (2 convertibles.) Acquired some Bonanza frames and some wheels and NOS briggs in the box etc. at an estate sale. He had sold everything but the Tank.

Last edited:

GustoGuy

Nicely painted. Buy it only if you can afford it and actually are in need of such a tank. Remember that Minibikes are an expensive hobby and not an investment and make a decision based on that information

Nicely painted. Buy it only if you can afford it and actually are in need of such a tank. Remember that Minibikes are an expensive hobby and not an investment and make a decision based on that information
Guess you don’t know Me. Tacos and Bonanza’s are my Mini Bike of Choice. I’ve paid up for parts that I needed But I’ve found some killer deals over the years. I’m using this tank but if you don’t think $230 for a BC1500SH Tank isn’t a great deal or Investment, you haven’t kept up on the current prices and availability.

Last edited:
Yep, that is a killer tank and a killer deal IMO as well. That is a tank looking for a bike. There is some time invested in it, and while not a difficult job, that is a 5 stage job at least, if he used interim clear for the flame tapeout. Lots of time in that. Beautiful IMO.

GustoGuy

Guess you don’t know Me. Tacos and Bonanza’s are my Mini Bike of Choice. I’ve paid up for parts that I needed But I’ve found some killer deals over the years. I’m using this tank but if you don’t think $230 for a BC1500SH Tank isn’t a great deal or Investment, you haven’t kept up on the current prices and availability.
I do like Bonanza's . I would like to find one and restore it especially the Hodaka powered Bonanza bikes. I have 3 bikes. I have an Arctic Cat Prowler which is now powered with a Tecumseh. And a Resto-mod Rupp Roadster 2 and a Predator powered Doodle Bug.

toomanytoys

It's all relative, minibikes are way cheap compared to other hobbies. That was a great deal on that tank, and the paint is killer!!
I’ve yet to find a cheap hobby! Everything that’s fun cost money.

minibikes used to be a lot cheaper. I miss buying super broncs for 250 bucks. If I had to start over buying my collection again I wouldn’t even bother. What I have probably 2500 in now would cost me 10,000 today

Lizardking

Thanks t555 ! I already own a restored BC1500 and this paint job is beautiful. I’m thinking a Black frame with those chrome fenders is really gonna kick off those flames. But that’s about 3 projects down the line.
Golden paint to match the front of the tank would look awesome too! It was a no brainer, Nice score!

Hobby, Collection or business... Make it what you want...

Last edited:

joshua. c.

That tank is a great deal but only because these tanks are currently way overpriced. The only bonanza tanks I've ever seen for sale are 500$ minimum. I can buy most other brands of bikes (even Rupps) fully running for that price so they are not worth that type of money, I'd never pay 500$ for a tank , at that price I'll go without. I need one of these tanks myself for my bonanza project and I have been waiting for a reasonably priced one to pop up. I would have jumped at that deal. (but I'd make a lower offer first and see if he would haggle).