Super Bronc Project

just bought this super bronc project today. Will be my first super bronc. Figured I would build something for myself to ride on with my son. Just finishing up his Montgomery ward 323. Won’t start on this one for awhile looking to buy my house first so hopefully by end of year. Until then I am looking for parts needed. Any help with being able to ID year and model is appreciated. As of now I need a seat,engine,tires,chain guard and anything else you see lol. I ordered an assembly paper off of eBay today as well.

81A0926B-5F11-446E-AB09-FEA67030AB0F.jpeg DE6477E5-4817-4998-81A0-61E94FE85313.png 937EEBBB-F66C-4115-A7CF-5CB5A7F5CB17.jpeg 2DB06EE1-1423-4C19-9702-F0401126CF20.png

It's either a VT-8 or a VT-10. The numbers stamped on the engine will help ID the year and model, it looks like its original to the bike. HM80= VT-8, HM100=VT-10. What's wrong with the motor?

It's either a VT-8 or a VT-10. The numbers stamped on the engine will help ID the year and model, it looks like its original to the bike. HM80= VT-8, HM100=VT-10. What's wrong with the motor?
I will have to check that. Idk if the engine is good or not yet. Going to try to rebuild it come time but thought it would be good to have a spare in case it’s not able to be rebuilt.

Hello @Mcarabajal86 ...nice find.

My hm-80 looked about like that when I got it...from sitting up.

I took the time to sort thru the various minor issues, new oem carb, new fuel pump, points, condensor, and glued some magnets back in place on the flywheel.

It's the best running motor I have.

It's a beast, and I've yet to find any terrain it could not handle...hills, turns, speed, 8 inch deep mud...lol.

Give it the love it deserves.

Enjoy it man...and welcome to the Oldminibikes.com forum !

Hello @Mcarabajal86 ...nice find.

My hm-80 looked about like that when I got it...from sitting up.

I took the time to sort thru the various minor issues, new oem carb, new fuel pump, points, condensor, and glued some magnets back in place on the flywheel.

It's the best running motor I have.

It's a beast, and I've yet to find any terrain it could not handle...hills, turns, speed, 8 inch deep mud...lol.

Give it the love it deserves.

Enjoy it man...and welcome to the Oldminibikes.com forum !

Thank you! Can’t wait to be ripping on this one !

Very cool bike....I have one in just about that condition .....looking forward to your build. Maybe it will motivate me!!

brown boonie

JUST REMEMBER-EXPECT IT WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT!
welcome, as far as parts, "chatten63" will have a lot or be able to assist with who does have parts, "manchester1" makes a great repop seat for this and many other bikes. excellent work by her.

Very cool bike....I have one in just about that condition .....looking forward to your build. Maybe it will motivate me!!
Thanks! I think these are so cool too! Learning more and more about these super broncs everyday.I’m trying to wait to start on the build until I purchase my home. Hoping by the end of the year. But since I haven’t been doing Overtime at work lately it’s going to be hard not to start tearing it apart. And if I start tearing apart I know it won’t stop haha

welcome, as far as parts, "chatten63" will have a lot or be able to assist with who does have parts, "manchester1" makes a great repop seat for this and many other bikes. excellent work by her.
Thank you! That name is familiar. I posted on facebook in a couple groups. Think I seen his name on my post. He seemed pretty knowledgeable on them. He knew by the headlight it was an older model. Decoding the engine serial number I do believe the engine is original to the bike. It is a 1974 engine. I found a very nice condition original seat. But interested in having a new one as well to preserve the original and because I’m a parts hoarder haha. Appreciate the leads!

brown boonie

JUST REMEMBER-EXPECT IT WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT!
Thank you! That name is familiar. I posted on facebook in a couple groups. Think I seen his name on my post. He seemed pretty knowledgeable on them. He knew by the headlight it was an older model. Decoding the engine serial number I do believe the engine is original to the bike. It is a 1974 engine. I found a very nice condition original seat. But interested in having a new one as well to preserve the original and because I’m a parts hoarder haha. Appreciate the leads!
I HAVE 5 VT 8 AND 10M MY SELF. LOVE THE BIG BIKES.

Nice! I ordered tires today. Paid for a seat off of someone off the Heald group on Facebook last week just waiting for him to get it done and ship it to me. Tried contacting Manchester about one but said she was not taking orders at the moment. Got a tc cover from @chatten63. Got fork boots. Got a tecumseh manual because most likely going to rebuild it myself. Will find out when I tear it down see the condition. May start the restoration soon. It has me itching to start since I have been only working 8hr days.

Small update. Will post pictures when I have time. Bought a pretty nice original seat aside from the repop one I have. Going to make it electric start so found a plate and a nos ignition with keys. Put in an offer on a nos hm80 on eBay. Guy seems pretty firm at 1500 though and on the fence if I want to pay that much. I am on the lookout for a front wheel brake set up. Have not taken anything apart yet just gathering parts so far.

Triley41395

Thanks. I messaged him on FB. My bike actually had the front brake assembly on it. I am really debating on buying that nos hm80 only because I don’t have time as it is to tear down the original one on the bike to rebuild or inspect.
Maybe it's just me and my location, but I'd get a snow blower or tiller engine before I'd give 1500 for that one. It's a nice engine but if it's not going to be original,I'd get a cheaper one while redoing the original.

Thanks. I messaged him on FB. My bike actually had the front brake assembly on it. I am really debating on buying that nos hm80 only because I don’t have time as it is to tear down the original one on the bike to rebuild or inspect.
Hello @Mcarabajal86 ...I know we are not supposed to discuss values here, but I hope this is okay.

I personally think that $1500 is too expensive for a nos hm-80 .

I think you could come out a lot better, by having someone get your existing hm-80 running for you.

It may look rough on the outside, but may be pristine inside.

Yeah after thinking about it I am not willing to fork that kind of money over. I will pull my engine today hopefully since I don’t work tonight or tomorow morning and check the condition of mine and go from there. Mine does not have the electric start anyone know what all I would need to convert it? I did a little research and from what I understand is I’ll need the starter, battery, flywheel and stator? Thanks for your guys input by the way