1970 vs 1971 Rupp blue color difference

If you are referring to the Roadster/Roadster II, 1971 and up were all black. Gas tanks and fenders were colored. I believe the blue used then was darker than the 1970 bikes.

Last edited:

cfh

actually 1970 and 1971 the frames were colored (red, blue, purple, etc.) it was 1972 to 1975 the frames were black with only the rear fender/gas tank being a non-black color (well except for the black widow, which of course was black.)
regarding the blue in 1970 vs 1971, i *think* it's the same blue, but not completely sure...

I look on blackwidowmotorsports and it show a different paint code for the two years, I purchased what was recommended for a 1970, and I found it to be more purple that the original on my bike. I next bought a can of 1967 Corvette Marina blue and so far that looks to be way more silver [but the paint chip looked good?]

At $40+ for a spray can.....I'd like to hit the color better with my next purchase.

Send them a message. They are super helpful for me. I used the paint code that had provided for the red for 1970 Roadster. I had a pant supply place mix up the paint. I used acrylic urethane. Came out fantastic! Color is right on.