Adran Tires

Whiz

Good morning Mini Bikers, a friend has a very original looking CCS Charger, original paint and what looks like original HS40 1970 Tecumseh engine. The tires are 6 inch Adran Trials and he was wanting some Carlisles to make it more original.

My question is, are those original tires? The bike is an absloute time machine so I figured they might be originals. The bike has been run a little but still has correct exhaust muffler.

I figured I'd ask the experts before pulling it apart and screwing it up.

Whiz

Good to know, thanks Ginz.

Never heard of Adran before this bike, tread is ok on both tires so looks like that project is finished!

If it ever hits the light of day I will post some pics.

Ding Ding

Adran Trials tires are what originally came on Arctic Cat bike with 6" wheels. I'm sure they were used by many other manufacturers with 6" wheels as well.

Good to know, thanks Ginz.

Never heard of Adran before this bike, tread is ok on both tires so looks like that project is finished!

If it ever hits the light of day I will post some pics.
The bigger concern over the tread depth would be any sidewall cracking. If it gets bad (very typical on old tires) they are unsafe to use regardless of the tread condition. Take a good close look at those sidewalls...
Michael

Whiz

The bigger concern over the tread depth would be any sidewall cracking. If it gets bad (very typical on old tires) they are unsafe to use regardless of the tread condition. Take a good close look at those sidewalls...
Michael
Its funny how some old tires crack and some dont. I've got a perfect set of 5 inch Carlisles that are close to 40 years old without a crack and zero wear. And I've got much newer off brand chinese mini bike tires, same zero wear, inside like the Carlisles, and they pretty much garbage. I've been told the older tires have more actual rubber vs manufactured rubber like substance made from oil.

Dont know nothing. Those Adrans have zero cracks also. Good advice though, thanks Creia.

I can’t answer if they’re original, or not, but I suggest that you hold on to them, if they are 12.5-6’s. They are a very difficult size to find. It took me a couple years to find a good one, as that size is not available any more.
I have this ”been through the mill” CCS chopper with a stud tire on the back and a universal on the front, so I wouldn’t go by it.

Attachments