Search results

1. A

de-tuning the 6.5?

Hmmm, hadnt thought about restricting the exhaust. That offers tuning possibilities. I would guess that it wouldnt have any long term detrimental effect on the motor if its not a permanent installation and its run full power about half the time. Thanks for the help, amt
  2. A

de-tuning the 6.5?

They are 11, 46 and 51.
  3. A

de-tuning the 6.5?

Hiya, Ive got two DB30s that I started building jackshafts for and have now wondering if Im wasting my time. My son is quickly getting bigger and my friends all want to play on them too. HF seems to permanently have the 6.5 on sale for $99 so Im thinking of just putting two them into the DBs...
  4. A

$99 6.5 at HF

Just picked up a "Greyhound" 6.5 for $99 with a coupon in todays newpaper ad at HF (Eugene OR). Just an FYI. amt
  5. A

Who will drill the larger Doodle Bug sprockets and sell them?

I agree that it looks pretty flimsy and also a hassle if engine swaps take place. The 70t measures < 2.5" clearage when the bike is unloaded and upright and < 1.25" when leaning to the left with the peg end 2.0" off the ground. So to me, any rock or stick, coupled with any surface changes...
  6. A

Who will drill the larger Doodle Bug sprockets and sell them?

My 70lb son has already hit the 70t a couple times now. Turning left and going over a hole tags it. My opinion is a 80t is only going to work for asphalt riders. Once I get the time, Im going to add a jackshaft and a SMALLER sprocket to both of mine. Geared down low enough, an adult will be able...
  7. A

new db30

Took me almost as long to remove all those moron warning labels as it did to assemble the bike. The pipe looks cool. Simple and shiney. What type of pipe is that? amt
  8. A

Blitz vs Doodlebug 30? Hard to beat at $169..

delray, Both the bajas I have are equipped with a 70T. Will 10 more teeth make a noticable difference? And who sells that jackshaft and is it a POS or decent. It looks sorta tinny from the pic. Im still considering a plate mounted or welded on jackshaft. We live in the hills and the 2.8 craps...
  9. A

I weight 200lb and I just fired them both up and neither can even get me rolling without a good push. Looks like I the 6.5 hp. Boy, 3hp was sure pretty wicked when I was 9......
  10. A

So does the 70 tooth make a reasonable difference? Hows about a shorty jackshaft? I just started looking at the frame closely and think I can fab a plate that will relocate the motor to the left an inch and extend back behind the motor enough so that a short jackshaft can be mounted. This...
  11. A

The link on my first post should take you right there. If you check the website under products by manufacturer, you can pull up Baja Motorsports and also see this: While we find your parts, please enter your ZIP Code at CSK Auto The Baja Carbon is $379 which is the price the one on the...
  12. A

Im in Eugene Or. I talked to the salesperson at the Schucks and he said that they are closing them out. Once they are gone, thats it - they wouldnt be selling them anymore. Im not familar with the chain really, but apparently the new owners are dumping minis and othe non-auto stuff. So you...
  13. A

Hi, Well Ive decided to restore (for myself) the Taco 44 I just bought to put my son a new Doodlebug instead. Hes more excited about a shiny new one than the funky project on the garage floor anyway. I actually bought two of the Baja Blitzs on sale at Shucks for $169 each, so he and someone...
  14. A

Taco ??? or just similar ??

btw, did the Tacos ever use Tecumsehs? I havent found a serial number yet, so maybe mine was a purchased as a roller or kit and the Tec was purchased new and installed.
  15. A

Yep, Im in Eugene. And this is actually my first mini purchase since I was in my teens. Up until a few years ago, I was preoccupied with vintage MXers and Kawasaki triples but sold them all once I got married and had a son. Now I have a new excuse to start all over again! I took a look at...
  16. A

It a small world after all... Hi, Im new here and just joined after buying this mini. A first look at the forum reveiled this thread and low and behold, theres a pic of my purchase! It appears to be a 44 or 99. Not sure of what the diff is except the the engine size maybe (same frame)...