Search results

1. C

Mountaineer

I also have a Mountaineer Elk Packer model with the 2 speed double jackshaft setup. I have the rear jackshaft apart right now to replace a missing ball bearing in the shift mechanism that was causing a problem. Mine has a 5 hp Tecumseh H50 motor with a lighting coil and the Deepco belt clutch...
  2. C

Tecumseh H50 Air Cleaner Options

The bike is a Mountaineer Elk Packer model and came with a Tecumseh H50 engine that has the lighting coil. I am 90% sure it is the original motor as the bike appears all original and came with factory lights and has a brake light switch on the rear brake. Maybe they were trying out a street...
  3. C

Tecumseh H50 Air Cleaner Options

I am trying to find a air cleaner setup for a H50 motor that is mounted to a late 60s Yard Marvel Mountaineer trail scooter that was made in Spokane WA. The motor was missing the original carb, air cleaner and exhaust when I bought it. There is not enough clearance behind the motor for a...
  4. C

Old trail mini bikes-Do you have one?

All of these were marketed towards mountain hunters and fisherman in the late 50s early- to mid-60s. Most of the manufacturers were based out West in UT, CA, WA, and ID. Most are large frame bikes designed to carry adults and gear. I have a Tote Gote Model B, made around 1960 in UT, single...
  5. C

Mountaineer

I have an "Elk Packer" Mountaineer as well. It came with the head and tail light and a non-running Tecumseh H-50 with an alternator, but the motor was missing the carb and exhaust. I have a newer Briggs motor on it so can ride it around a bit. Kind of a cool old trail scooter that was...
  6. C

Bonanza 1400

Sorry BC 1400.
  7. C

Bonanza 1400

I am looking for a seat, shocks, and rear brake assembly. Prefer stock parts, butsuggestions on aftermarket parts that will look good would be appreciated. Thanks
  8. C

bonanza 1400

Wow--Nice bikes. I have a 1400 roller that needs rear shocks, seat, and rear brake. Can anyone steer me towards these parts? Thanks.
  9. C

Mystery Mini

Any idea what motor and clutch would have been standard on this bike? Does anyone have any pics of a complete one?
  10. C

Mystery Mini

Who and where was the Hornet made?
  11. C

Mystery Mini

Can anyone ID this bike? Thanks. Brian
  12. C

looking for old goodyear scooter tires

Did anyone ever locate a source for the Goodyear Caddy Master 6.90/6.00-6 tires? They were used on the Mountaineer (made in Spokane, WA) that I have. Thanks
  13. C

Tote Gote Parts

Thanks, I'll give James a try.
  14. C

Tote Gote Parts

I need some original riveted Link-Belt bearing assemblies for the front jack shaft on a Tote Gote Model B. These were the bearings for the 3/4-inch diamter shaft. Bearing condition not important, I wll replace. These bearings were also used on other 60s trail scooters with double jack shaft...
  15. C

WTB: Tote Gote Jackshaft Bearing Holders

I am looking for two (2) 3/4-inch jackshaft bearing holders for the rear of a Tote Gote Model B from the early 60s. The holders should say Link Belt on them and the originals were riveted together around the bearing. They were also used on other mkes of trail scooters with double jackshafts...
  16. C

tote gote parts store is open

Looking for two (2) Link-Belt bearing mounts for the 3/4 inch rear shaft for a Model B. I don't care about the condition of the bearings, but I need those original mounts. Also I guess from the previous post you do not have any front brake shoes for a Model B? Thanks Brian
  17. C

baldwin havener mfg trail cycle

Not sure where the Baldwin-Haevener name came from, but Baldwin Maunfacturing was located in Twin Falls, ID. This link below is to a copy of a May 1962 issue of Desert Magazine which has an ad for the Baldwin Trail Cycle on page 30. 196205 Desert Magazine 1962 May Lots of Tote Gote type...
  18. C

Another Newbie. Another project.

Not a 1961, I think he meant to say "1971". That bike is nice and original although I cannot recall if they had plastic tanks. I had one, a bit heavy, but was a good strong frame with gussets that took lots of abuse. Does that one have the 2-speed jackshaft?
  19. C

Wanted: Bonanza BC1400T Jackshaft & Parts

Looking for a 2-speed jackshaft assembly for a 1400. Also need a rear fender and one wheel (kidney bean holes). Thanks.
  20. C

tell me what you think of this tote gote i found

Wow, the Sherpa is a new one on me. You can check out other trail scooters at Totegoteland.com Sombeody claimed the Bonham Tote Gote was the first of the second generation trail sccoters (1958), but maybe the Sherpa had them beat. I think the first generation might be the millitary...