Search results

1. lonleyinml

Streven Durham HELP !!!!!!!!

Hey Steve I had your phone # but it no longer works I am in need of your wisdom I tried messaging you but no reply i am sure your inbox is always overloaded I see you are still active here so please PM me if you can. Jeff from Moses Lake to admins : I hope this does not violate any rules
  2. lonleyinml

My 1974 Alsport Tri-Sport SL 290 Project

Got the electric start Polaris indy last friday stripped any usefull spare parts and the starter and primary clutch off of the donor sled and discarded the carcass. My plan is to now convert the running donor sled to electric start and test it in the sled then ill remove the motor and start...
  3. lonleyinml

got the 500 Polaris home when i went to get it I found out it was not electric start but it started and ran with 2 pulls and, the motor is convertible to electric start and this week I found another donor sled with a blown motor that has electric start so onward with the project, I am going to...
  4. lonleyinml

Another Update ;) Between Life and several illnesses I have had to put the trike on the back burner but I have re-started my resto project I donated my ski doo engine to another project but just found a wrecked 1995 polaris 500 fuel injected electric start sled that starts and runs great i am...
  5. lonleyinml

UPDATE !!! I just acquired a donor snowmobile for my Alsport re power a 1988 Skidoo with a 583 liquid cooled motor supposedly 120 hp manual start but electric start is available runs great has anyone done this re power and if so what problems did you run into jeff
  6. lonleyinml

my 1974 alsport tri-sport

UPDATE !!! I think I have found a donor sled for my allsport liquid cooled engine conversion it is a ski doo 496 engine 1990's not sure of sled model yet the guy im getting it from thought it has teeth on the clutch for the starter and a mounting point on the block I have to lay eyes on it to...
  7. lonleyinml

funny i looked all over there catalogue and found 3 and 4 bolt hubs up the wazzu the sites search engine sucks what master cyl are u using
  8. lonleyinml

Oh yea I know all about walking shafts and side thrust I work for apple packer so we have all kinds of bearings and shafts lol so I found the discs you talked about but do i use a 3 bolt hub for the disc even though it is a 6 hole disk ??
  9. lonleyinml

I was very lucky to get a NOS seat cover still in the OEM packaging and a NOS headrest assembly that sat on a shelf and has never been installed. Point taken on the bearings i havent taken a ruler to it yet what do you mean steve "set it up right" and are you comming to moses lake this year...
  10. lonleyinml

Thanks again Steve for all your help Have you never used the alsport foot boards ? or simply not seen a set yet?. I am not completely against the snowmobile drive train but the first phase of modding and driving it will determine that since I will be going with the current Yamaha 433. I too...
  11. lonleyinml

Hi Steve, I am going to use the Alsport foot boards instead of pegs so I envisioned that mounting a foot operated master cylinder under a foot board would be fairly straight forward. I have thought about keeping the variable drive but I have already had primary clutch issues (not completely...
  12. lonleyinml

Well, I have been puttering around with my trike all winter long knee surgery has slowed me down a little bit but I'm on the mend plus we had a pretty brutal winter here. I have however formed a pretty good Idea of what I want to with this trike near and long term. For the short term I am going...
  13. lonleyinml

More new parts Hello all I have let life overtake my trisport resto but I am still acquiring parts I finally got a NOS speedo and Upholstery, 2 brand new rear fenders and a new factory storage cover and a factory safety kit for the swing arm brace. Ive got a line on a set of factory foot...
  14. lonleyinml

Sorry I havent been on the board for a while yes I have a 1974 allsport trisport rts 290 the...

Sorry I havent been on the board for a while yes I have a 1974 allsport trisport rts 290 the previous owner put a 44 yamaha so mo ehgine in it I am in the process of restoring it I have aquired some now old stock parts for it including new fenders, new apholistry and a new headrest and even an...
  15. lonleyinml

Update : First of all the engine is from a 1978 yamaha snowmobile. I have had excellent luck aquiring replacement and missing parts. So far I have aquired a new old stock headrest, seat cover, and a speedometer. Also I just recieved 2 brand new rear fenders fenders I will try to post pictures...
  16. lonleyinml

Greetings all I hope to chronicle the purchase, renovation / restoration of my trike on these pages. I have wanted one of these things every since I first saw one in Wenatchee Washington in 1975. My girlfriend (now wife) and I were driving past a RV dealership and saw them in the parking lot...
  17. lonleyinml

Mark your message box is full let me know whenit is empty

Mark your message box is full let me know whenit is empty
  18. lonleyinml

Update Again : I finally slowed down enough to ride my trisport for the first time today and that thing really hauls ass !! the tires are very weather checked so no highway riding I just blasted around the buildings and the parking lot at work when I first started it up it was only running on 1...
  19. lonleyinml

More on my alsport tri-sport project Update: I have gotten to get a better look at my trisport it is a 1974 RTS 290 and then did some research on the motor and found out it is out of a 1976 GS 440 Yamaha snowmobile. I have some questions about this engine : 1. This engine appears to have oil...
  20. lonleyinml

Hi Steve, Yes it is the one from CL in Yakima it is the 2XXcc or something like that I have the original rupp engine but all that is there is is the long block with clutch no carb no tins or ign. It has a 440 Yamaha in it now. I need a head rest, seat upholstery and a speedo. Also my throttle...