Search results

1. H

1973 Rupp Roadster with frozen suspension on front forks.

I found it in the diagram, it’s the bolts that holds on the headlight brackets. Thanks for that information.
  2. H

Thanks Minimichael I been a little under the weather. I hope to get to the forks this weekend. I am looking up the upper spring bolt location now. Thanks again.
  3. H

Thanks so much sparkwizard for the link to removing rusted forks. This will be a great help to me.
  4. H

Thanks everyone for the wonderful advice. Could you show a picture of how to use the 2 hydraulic jacks to get them apart? Can you circle the lip in the picture that hold the fork legs in. I will start to disassemble the fork off the bike and start spraying them with penetrating oil tomorrow...
  5. H

I just bought this Rupp Roadster and just noticed yesterday the front suspension is frozen. I put quite a bit of tension on the forks with ratchet straps and it did not compress at all. Would anyone have some suggestions on how to free this up and how to disassemble the front forks for...
  6. H

Having carb issues with HS 50 mini bike I just bought.

Thanks markus for pointing out the masking tape on the breather. I removed the tape today. One of the exhaust manifold bolts is very tight, I sprayed it down with some penetrating oil today. Hope that will help to remove the bolt.
  7. H

Thanks everyone, I will check the manifold with a straight edge this weekend to see if it is warped. The manifold gasket that came with this engine is paper thin, is that supposed to be like that? I ordered some new manifold gasket but they didn’t arrive yet. Thanks Markus for all the research...
  8. H

When I removed the exhaust l will take pictures of the exhaust port. I hope the exhaust port is ok so I can use the adapter that f4radar sent the link from e bay for. Thanks again
  9. H

Side engine tag and the test drive!
  10. H

Thanks Markus, f4radar and sparkwizard. I worked on it today and put the belt on so I could test drive it. The idle is hard to dial in, I had to have the side idle mixture at 2 turn out exactly to idle. If it is 1/8 of a turn from the 2 turns out it would die out and if I increase the idle a...
  11. H

Thanks markus for all that great information. Do you think this engine is a hs 40 not a hs 50? I seen the little tag on the side of the engine, I will try to get that posted. Will the tag tell us more about the engine? You correct on the extra gasket it was there to keep the bolt from bottoming...
  12. H

Here are the pictures of my project. Thanks again guys!
  13. H

I worked on the engine for a couple of hours tonight. Here is what I found. One of the manifold bolts was tapped out to 3/8” bolt, once I noticed this I removed the manifold to see the condition of the treads and they seems good. When I inspected the manifold I noticed they had 2 gaskets between...
  14. H

Thanks everyone for your great suggestion. I did order another carb last night from Amazon. There is no gas running out of the carb, there is a gas filter in-line but the gas seems to flow pretty good. I put in True Fuel from Menards that contains no Ethanol and added a little Gum-Out injection...
  15. H

No these are after market carbs from Amazon. Are these carbs know for problems, or am I over looking another problems. Thanks for the Service information you sent me in your post. Would you have any recommendations on buying another carburetor? Thanks
  16. H

I just bought a MiniBike with a HS 50 on it. It had a cheap replacement carb on it, and would only start for a few seconds on starting fluid. I took that carb apart and cleaned it but it looked brand new inside. It still was the same after cleaning and only ran a second on starting fluid. I...
  17. H

Looking for Cougar name plate.

I am looking for this cougar nameplate. It came on the 1970 and 71 power dyne minibike. Would anyone have one for sale? Thanks
  18. H

Cleaned out carb and gas tank but now no gas is getting in the bowl

Thanks Resore Kid. I was trying to remove the wrong plug I think.:confused: Thanks for the information. Mike