Search results

1. 2

clutch or torque converter

I see go karts with clutches. Is that ok? is there a limit to when a clutch can be used? weight? HP? etc?
  2. 2

unbend

Can I just unbend this cold? or Do I have to heat it up? any tips?
  3. 2

Won’t run

I have a CT 200 that has sat for a couple of years. The gas tank was gunked up and I removed the tank and cleaned it. Cleaned the carb also. I put it back together and I can start it and it will idle, but the throttle won’t make it go. the throttle lever does move, but the engine does not...
  4. 2

repair after setting with gas for a year

I let my Coleman CT200 sit for a year with gas in the tank. It wouldn't start. when I looked in the gas tank the cap started to rust and the strainer that is right under the gas cap also was rusty. rust particles were flaking off into the gas. There was something(gummy dirt on the bottom of...
  5. 2

ct 200 chain tensioner

I got an issue with my My CT 200 chain tensioner roller. the roller is not connected to the arm. If I bend the tensioner back the roller cones right off. I seem to be missing a berring, I have one but it looks like I should have two. I see several pics on here that shows a nut holding on...
  6. 2

Thinner tire on my mini

I am revisiting an old idea of putting a thinner tire on my Coleman CT200 minibike. Initially I was going to use a bike tire, but it seems a pitbike or moped tire would be more appropriate. How is the bolt that holds the front tire on measured? Are they all the same? My current tire has a...
  7. 2

bike tire on a mini/

In the thread about old photos there was a pic of a minibike with a bicycle front tire. I have Coleman CT200u Coleman CT200U Trail 200 Mini Bike | Mini bikes & Go karts Is there anyway I could add a bicycle tire to my minibike? (front) I don't like the hard turning/steering of my fat...
  8. 2

Is this a dirty carb issue?

I start my minibike after letting it sit for 2 months. It started up and ran rough. The throttle had no effect on the bike. When I turned the throttle the engine rev stayed the same. I can see its not a throttle issue, the throttle latch on the engine moves and when I move it by hand I get...
  9. 2

has anyone built a trail through the woods?

Any tips on building minibike trails through the woods? I have 5 acres of wooded land to work with. I built a smallish loop, but I don’t like it very much. It is too short, (takes about 30 seconds to do a lap), too bumpy, and too boring (4 left turns and your done). It’s a let down...
  10. 2

Responsive Throttle

I got a new minibike last month. I initially had a problem with the throttle staying opened for 2 or 3 seconds after I relesed it. I put a spring on the throttle assemble holding it closed and that fixed the issue. Usually the throttle is very responsive. The milisecond I let off the...
  11. 2

need some help

I just got a Colemen CT200u. Got it new and rode it for the 2nd time today. 1st day rides, there were no problems. 2nd day rides, there were time where the throttle would take 2 seconds to respond to me releasing it. Then it started idling very high, so high the it would move when it...
  12. 2

Coleman CT200u

I'm looking at the Coleman CT200 minibike. The same one that Cabalas had on sale on black Friday for $350. BJ's is selling them for $499. Coleman CT200U Trail 200 Mini Bike (152435477 |) | BJ's Wholesale Club Coleman CT200U Parts some spec's Displacement 196cc Combustion Cycle 4-stroke Bore...
  13. 2

why

Why is it that my lawn mower engine is 10 years old and I have never changed the spark plug and I have only changed the oil 3 times, but it always starts on the 1st pull? but my 1 year old minibike is always a fight to start. Why dont minibikes have that primer bulb thing like lawn mowers...
  14. 2

newb questions

I have a few questions; 1. It doesn’t make sense to pay full price ($275 to $300) for a doodle bug then buy a 6.5hp engine and the mounting kit correct? 2. For $600, the price of a new doodle bug, a new engine and mounting kit, could I get something better then a 6.5hp doodle bug? 3. What...