Search results

1. C

busted clutch....

great info, thank you. I should have taken pics, next time!! let you guys know how things work out.
  2. C

busted clutch....

Thanks to all who have helped me the past week getting my 5HP Briggs motor running, with all your help I have taken a non-running motor to a half running to a smooth running motor, all for about $150 (includes chain and clutch!!). Took it out today for the first real time to get on it and the...
  3. C

carb diaphragm

thank you, i am putting new in ubt I have 2 carbs and they were not installed similar causing great confusion!
  4. C

carb diaphragm

thanks guys, putting her back together now
  5. C

carb diaphragm

great, does the bubble go out?
  6. C

carb diaphragm

what should the 5HP Briggs carb diaphragm look/ feel like. I have 2 carbs, one of them is soft and very flexible and the bubble was facing out, the other is crispy and the bubble was in (the spring was in the hole also). Want to be sure I know what I am looking at to put it back the correct way...
  7. C

cutting off under throttle

it is a briggs 5hp fun power 136212. the plug is new, tank was flushed , carb was cleaned with a good soak of brake parts cleaner, the filter is new. when i cleaned the tank out there was rust spot in the bowl and the pick up had a screen filter on it that was butted up to the rust, if it is...
  8. C

its actually a go kart, i will pull the plug this am, what should i be looking for? the motor sat for quite a while, i just got it running this week after reading other threads on here about having no spark, i cleaned up the magneto and have great spark. I really enjoy this site and how...
  9. C

I just spent the day getting the motor running smooth, new clutch, new chain, new brake and throttle cables and got it all together. Ran it several times down the street and ran great. Came in adjusted the cables after they stretched a little and went back out. It ran great about 3/4 of a mile...
  10. C

Need more help?!

Big thanks to all those who replied to my "5HP Fun Power Need Help" posting. Thanks to the responses to my questions as well as reading some other posts I am 4 hours into my project kart and got the motor running. Because the motor had not been run in some time and sat outside for a while...
  11. C

5HP Fun Power Help Needed

sounds good, i will let you guys know how it goes.
  12. C

great info guys, thank you! I will pick up a new plug today, the wire looks good but will replace anyways. Does anyone know the correct plug gap? I know most plugs come pregapped today but with my luck..... thanks again
  13. C

I just received a 5HP Fun Power and go kart, the motor has not been run in at least a year but looks in great condition, I amlooking to get it running and put back in the kart for my 7 year old son, having dealt solely with 5.0 power this is a challenge! First thing I did was make sure the...