Search results

1. Rollerman

Heald Hauler trike

I have an "electric" Heald Hauler trike for sale. Since owning it about a year now I've found a four wheel gas Heald Hauler & the trike has kind of become a collection point for all the loose items in my garage. Batteries are good, seats in good condition, everything works as it should & is in...
  2. Rollerman

Heald Hauler

Congrats "Family Dad" on finding a Heald Hauler. I have an electric 3 wheel version as well as a 4 wheel Hauler I'm currently working on. Take "jbrewton's" advice & give Ron Kimball a call at Power Tec. He know's Haulers like the back of his hand.
  3. Rollerman

Eel Wheel

This looks perfectly safe..:laugh: I have an old swing bicycle, I never knew a mini bike version was made.
  4. Rollerman

Chernobyl, anyone else fascinated?

I believe it's still an active power plant, only the one reactor popped.
  5. Rollerman

Lockley project log

The paint work on this is amazeing...I'd be afraid to climb in & out of it. I have to ask, how does the Lockley ride? There is no suspension right?
  6. Rollerman

4-16 Heald Hauler rebuild/restore

Little update...started to sandblast the frame, but with the 30 degree temps out side either my goggles fog up or the chamber in the sandblaster is sweating, so slow progress. Going to be in the 40ies tomorrow & will try to have a better go at it then. I also use an electrolysis tank for the...
  7. Rollerman

Anybody seen this

Neat piece & regardless if it's the real deal it's a sweet cart.
  8. Rollerman

Chernobyl, anyone else fascinated?

I looked over & read her stories last winter....can't remember how I ran across them. It's very interesting, almost makes you want to go. Believe NatGeo or Discovery did a special on Pripyat not to long ago.
  9. Rollerman

GB I didn't talk my friend down on the engine, but I did make him load it up. :thumbsup: Dave the hood is supported mid way, where you see it bent down by a steel tube. The center more or less just rides on that tube. It's bolted in along the bulk head & tied in at the very bottom near the...
  10. Rollerman

GB, I gave $75 bucks for the engine....I know I probably got took. :blink: I don't think the four wheel version will turn as well as our trike style Haulers. Another member here "camelot35" has the trike style with the off set steering wheel, I'll have to ask him how it handles? Not much of...
  11. Rollerman

Member "camelot35" sugested I take a look at the output shaft on the trans. Sure enough...cracked just like said it might be. Picked up this Briggs 18HP I/C twin today, the original engine was a Briggs 16HP twin. This is a little more power, but has the same foot print as the old 16...
  12. Rollerman

I've posted help questions in a couple other threads, but thought I'd start a thread covering the rebuild/restore of my 4-16 Heald Hauler. As I picked it up a few weeks ago it was missing the engine, drive clutch, seat & misc pieces. The brake calipers were froze & all the shiny pieces had a...
  13. Rollerman

Heald Hauler help

Thanks for the offer Ray, I have a set of plans already if thats what you mean by a "build sheet"? Lights & baby moons are in the box of parts. Just curious....what did a Heald Hauler sell for new?
  14. Rollerman

Heald Hauler help

I'll head back up soon for more parts & see if Ron will allow me to take pics. I got the 5 cent tour today & seen a lot of neat stuff. What would have been really cool....to see Heald or Kimball Haulers coming off the line in full production. They had a lot of parts on the shelves, some...
  15. Rollerman

Heald Hauler help

Sent you a PM, but I was in to see Ron today....good people him & his son. Glad you passed on the 4 wheel hauler...it was a two hour ride for me.
  16. Rollerman

Comet #40 question

I had seen specs for a 44C that fit an 1 1/8th crank? No matter the Hauler was designed for a #40 Comet, I'm not sure what modifications would have to be made to swap out the driven clutch too. That & the price goes up fast. Looks like I have things worked out. I appreciate the help. The...
  17. Rollerman

Heald Hauler help

I'm heading up to visit Ron Kimball later this week, I'm takeing my calipers up there to get parts. I'll see what they have at Power Tec & report back. The Onan's out, with an 1 1/8th crank a Comet #40's not going to work. Probably get one of the HBF 13HP Honda wanabe's for now....unless I...
  18. Rollerman

Comet #40 question

If I swap to a #44 or #94c Comet drive clutch can I still use my exsisting driven clutch that was matched to the #40 on the Heald Hauler?
  19. Rollerman

Comet #40 question

Not sure if this is the proper place... Have a question regarding Comet #40 primary or drive clutches. I see them listed for 3/4" & 1" bore sizes. I have a few engines available that I can use in a Heald Hauler I'm restoreing, but all the engines available to me have 1 1/8" crank sizes...
  20. Rollerman

Heald Hauler help

MNGB thank you, gives me a start on hunting for a primary. I have access to my boss's four wheel hauler if I need to figure out where things go & I've located a 16HP Onan twin I can use. I'm planning on giveing Ron a call Monday. As far as the seat, I was planning on pulling the seats off my...