Search results

1. C

Father/Son Cat Project

My son and I are in the final stages of finishing his basket case Cat 250 M/B(same kind of frame that I had when I was a kid.) It seems more exciting to me now than it did when i was growing up. When I asked him what color he wanted, he said "rust". So rust it is with red accents. Project...
  2. C

Cat ID

While working on my Cat 250x I found this number on the engine plate: 7021700. Does anybody know what this means? On one of my other Cat frames I looked for the number in the same place and found nothing.
  3. C

Friction brake

Does anybody have any pics of how the friction brake mounts up to the frame? I need to fab one up and would like some ideas. I bought a stick of 1/2 and a piece of 1/2 i.d. pipe that i will use for bushings and plate steel for the stopper. Thanks.
  4. C

Hello, my name is Chip Rodriguez, I'm new here to OldMiniBikes. I grew up on mini bikes (cat specifically). I remember starting out on a cat 250x with a 2 horse briggs. A childhood friend and I would ride everyday after school. We'd ride up to the gas station where 25 cents would fill both our tanks and...