Search results

1. elmcitygeoff

What did I buy?

I just rolled it into the garage and haven't checked to see if the hardware is metric or not. What do you guys think?
  2. elmcitygeoff

Speedway Shark - A Casual Custom Build

So I picked up this MiniBike last Fall. With a lot help from you guys in my "what's it?" post, I learned that it is a Speedway Shark. Well it's been sitting around and I finally have gotten around to building it. The goal is to build it quick and use material that I already have...needless to...
  3. elmcitygeoff

Torque Converter Advice Pls

1) I have a speedway frame and part of the original belt driven torque converter. 2) I have a 5hp Briggs thats available to re-power the bike. The bike isn't going to be restored. I am going to use the briggs and I would like to keep the slanted engine mount. I would still like...
  4. elmcitygeoff

A Prize for the First Correct ID!

Hey guys! The last car swap meet of the year was a bust when it came to the parts I needed. BUT, this followed me home. ID the mini. Tell me what engine/clutch could be used on that slanted mount -Win a prize.
  5. elmcitygeoff

Hershey found Scat-Cat

I found this Scat Cat at Hershey last fall and I've been picking at it between other projects. It was built back up under strict direction from my better half, hence the pink sparkle and handlebar streamers...whatever makes her happy. We're still waiting for it be pinstriped, but the first...
  6. elmcitygeoff

Rear Wheel Bearings Help

hi all, i probably doing something very wrong but can not figure it out. i have an old MTD and i am trying to tighten the rear axle. as soon as it get the assembly snug, the bearings bind up and the rear wheel doesn't spin. what am i doing wrong over here?
  7. elmcitygeoff

Rear Wheel Adjustment Help

I have an old MTD the is slotted in the rear for chain tension...but I have no idea what style of tensioner or washer should be used to square the wheel and keep tension on the chain. any help appreciated!
  8. elmcitygeoff

WANT: Folding Handlebars for Scat-Cat

i'm looking for one or a pair of folding handlebars that will fit a scat cat, like in the picture below. NOS, chromed, painted and pitted ok, just not rusted through. thanks for any leads!
  9. elmcitygeoff

What does a circus bear ride?

i don't know what it is, but would you pay to see a 200lb man ride it? any ID help appreciated!