Search results

1. bubba297

Manco Thunderbird

Hey all, I just picked up a nice Manco Thunder chicken 593-11. The tank is perfect, but of course the cap is junk and broken out on the top side. Does anyone know of a good replacement? OEM or comparable is not necessary. Thanks
  2. bubba297

OK, what is it?

Well, it runs. Gonna gear it up a little, but not too much. It's a unique experience. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159270138453396&id=775128395
  3. bubba297

OK, what is it?

How many of you have a nice chariot such as this? LOL I bought this today dirt cheap and it's really a nice built machine. The engine is a 2.5hp, and appears to be made for this application. I don't think even a 3hp harbor freight would fit. It has a copper fuel tank, and cheng shin tires (the...
  4. bubba297

Ok guys and gals, what do we have here? Resembles a Rupp to me.

The bars on the bike I have are welded to a plate, then bolted down. The other one may be as well.
  5. bubba297

I wonder who.actually made it for Sears? They never produced anything themselves.
  6. bubba297

Awesome, i got the deluxe model lol
  7. bubba297

Custom Bird

Hey all, been awhile. I picked up this custom Bird Engineering bike today. I built this about 8 years ago for our local drag strip owner. He used it for awhile then got something with lights and electric start lol. It has set for a few years and I offered to buy it back. He gave it back to me...
  8. bubba297

Gas tank

Hey all, I came across this cleaning out an old machine shop. It is a NOS piece, never had fuel in it. It's almost 10" long, roughly 6" diameter, and the fuel cap is 2" across. It has one small ding on one end. I have to ask $45 shipped for it because of the size, it will have to go in a...
  9. bubba297

Seat by Manchester1

I had Karen do me a seat for my Heathkit Boonie bike. I just got it in the mail today and had to post and brag. I am sure others have used her for seat work, but this thing is NICE. The factory couldn't do a better job if they wanted to. Well worth the wait and money spent.
  10. bubba297

Quality flux core welder under $500?

I have a Tig, but when I am welding basic steel or when the welds dont have to look perfect I grab my Lincoln Pro Mig 140. It can be setup for gas also, but I use the flux core. Have had it about 10 years and it works great. On these old school minibikes I kind of like the basic looking weld...
  11. bubba297

metal lathe.

Definitely get a Southbend 9. I've used the crap out of mine for years and it's still in the same shape. I also have a Southbend 16 for the bigger stuff. You can still get parts for Southbends, and they are very easy to use.
  12. bubba297

Another NOS part.

When you zoom in on the pic you can see the actual bulb and socket. That's how the Z50's are, just replaced them with a 12v bulb.
  13. bubba297

Another NOS part.

BMI karts is selling the small chrome headlight assy with toggle switch on top. They are NOS Made in Japan as well. I bought a couple but some of you may want one too. Chrome Motorcycle Headlight 6V with Switch | HL232TS | BMI Karts And Parts
  14. bubba297

GT-18 Boonie sprocket???

Boy this thing runs pretty dang fast. I bought one of the cheaper clutch setups just so it had some nice looking pieces on it. A little bit more work and it will be ready to tear down and paint. Not how I am going to keep the brakes, but I'll redo it a little. Getting excited now that it runs.
  15. bubba297

Home made muffler

Hey all, dont knock the aluminum welding too much lol, I am not very good at it yet. It's made from 6 individual pieces, and I used a cut down perforated core from a 2-stroke silencer on the inside. It's 6-1/4 inch end to end and 2-1/4 diameter. May not take a lot of the sound away, but...
  16. bubba297

New rides entry: 1977 Yamaha GT80

That's so cool you are able to own something you've had your eye on. That's the first 2-stroke I owned and they are excellent little bikes. I am excited for you!
  17. bubba297

Interesting Scam

I am a mod on one of the TRX250R ATV forums. There is someone (or more) that always try to do a scam selling one of those bikes. Since they are highly sought after they put a heck of a price on them to do the same things as listed. Scammers have become so creative over the last few years...