Search results

1. F

DB won't start

It's definitely not the choke. CamJam's description is it. I got it got run better by tinkering with it, but I am not convinced the springs are the way they should be. I told the GF she needs to simply spend a little $ and do a motor swap, but she want's to at least give it a :scooter: first...
  2. F

whats missing?

Thanks guys. Washers took care of the problem
  3. F

DB won't start

I pulled the chain off and got it to run.... kind of. Runs like crap! I'm going to pull the carb apart and clean it. When doing my initial inspection, I noticed there are like 3 different springs as part of the throttle linkage. 2 of the 3 were not in their original location and 1 was...
  4. F

whats missing?

If it's missing the beveled washers, that's one thing. Otherwise, I'm tempted to grab some washers and shim it. :shrug:
  5. F

whats missing?

Here's a couple pics of what I am dealing with. There is a flat washer on top and the bolt itself was loose. I was reluctant to tighten it up cause I felt that it would really bend the bottom bracket.
  6. F

whats missing?

Gf brought home a freebie DB in non running condition. I got it running for the most part but I noticed the front end end was loose. The bolt holding the forks on was loose but there is some space between the frame and the triple tree. Is there supposed to be some bushings or something...
  7. F

DB won't start

Excellent. Thanks guys !!!!
  8. F

DB won't start

Cleaning the carb was going to be my next option. Any recommendations on how best to lube the clutch?
  9. F

DB won't start

My GF brought over a DB she was given to her by a friend of hers. She said it didn't run. I did a quick assessment and it looks like it's hardly been ridden. Gas tank was empty and it didn't smell like old gas. So I put some new fuel in it and gave er a few pulls. It popped and idled... kind...
  10. F

Beauty and the beast

Not sure which is which :)
  11. F

New owner and now on to the upgrades

Thanks VDub :thumbsup: Got the chain shortened and everything else buttoned up and too it on it's maiden voyage. First thing I notice is the front wheel wants to come up, not enough to flip over, just right. Second thing I noticed was the throttle return spring wasn't doing it's job buy...
  12. F

Highly recommend the kit from Promod!!! I've read on this forum, that two links need to be removed. I haven't done it yet as Im short one breaker tool. Just picked one up today. Hoping it works !!!
  13. F

Thanks for the tip BK :thumbsup:
  14. F

I was planning on using some sort of straight edge to align both sprockets, but not sure how I was going to accomplish that yet. :blink:
  15. F

Any tips on aligning the chain/engine ? :shrug: Also hoping someone can post a picture of where I need to splice the killswitch wire into. Thanks in advance guys !!!!
  16. F

Engine showed up today, so tonight with the help of some Def Leppard and a few Coors Light. I went swapping the engine out. Picked up the Stage 1 kit from Hotrodminibikes and a 6.5 from HF. Guys were most helpful with my questions and off I went. Here's some pics of my progress...
  17. F

Got my 212CC Predator engine being delivered tomorrow :thumbsup: but have to go out of town for my daughters soccer tourney
  18. F

Tires

Was thinking the same thing which is why I asked if they were the same tire on front and rear. My be as simple as the one is mounted on the rim and the other is not :shrug:
  19. F

Tires

HRD - Did you put the same size tire on front & rear ? :shrug:
  20. F

Torque Converter question

Doing an upgrade to my DB. I have a predator 212CC engine coming in and was wondering what you guys thoughts are on torque converters. It's my understanding that I have to purchase a new centrifigual clutch for the larger shaft anyways for $40ish or put my big girl panties on and get a torque...