Search results

1. rangerider_45

1960 Baldwin "Trail-Cycle"

Well, got the Trail Cycle running. Climbs mountains like a tick on a cows face. Amazing traction and it doesn't tear up the trail spinning out. All I need now is to take it apart again to sand-blast and paint it. How do you like the easy rider rifle scabbard LOL Anyway, thanks for the...
  2. rangerider_45

Pullers for collars & bearings

I need to remove collars & bearings from the jack shafts on a Baldwin Trail-Cycle. One bearing pylon is bent and I think the bearing is shot, but I haven't been able to figure out how to remove the collars etc. I did loosen the set screws on the collars soaked with WD-40, etc. Anyone have a...
  3. rangerider_45

Clutch or Converter questions

I'm going to rebuild a 1960 Baldwin Trail Cycle with a belt drive and 2 speed positive lock-in transmission with a 6.5 HP engine. Which would be the best with that setup a centrifical clutch or a torque converter or does it matter? Because I'm new to mini bike riding and small engines &...
  4. rangerider_45

New Idahodian at OldMiniBikes

Hi everyone! I'd like to introduce myself to the OldMiniBikes forums. I started riding motorcycles as a kid with a Trail Blazer made in Utah. Then I went to motorcycles and have built about five custom bikes since then. Yesterday I came across an old Baldwin Trail Cycle built in Twin Falls, ID by a...