Search results

1. R

Hello!

happy new year! Havent been on here for a long time,according to my post count ,March 2008! as if you missed me!:smile:No excuse ,just got tangled up in other stuff! Dunno whether I showed you my latest creation 4 wheeled This is MUTHAS WAGON!!!!!!!! Rod The flyer ,youve...
  2. R

Peed off!

Well ,I just lost a flea bay auction for a TAV2,by £1!! So there goes another plan I had for a bike ! Think I'll have to go for a complete moped type engine . TAV's are hard to get for cheap over here,but I can get a whole 50cc engine with brake/drive wheel etc for about £50!
  3. R

Swing Arm and chain

Viewed from the side,does the centre of the jackshaft (presume you'd need one ) have to be as close to the pivot of a rear swing arm as poss.,so that the chain stays in tension as the swing arm moves up/down? Or is the up/down movement not enough to affect the chain tension?
  4. R

Scrub brakes

How effective are they?
  5. R

Exhaust back pressure?

I had a Robin engine in a hovercraft many moons ago ,that had a broken exhaust when I got it . I replaced the the exh. with a piece of pipe ,no baffles. It just would not start! Guy comes along and reckons it may be the exhaust..I bodged it up with baffles ,and hey presto it ran!Was wondering if...
  6. R

SPROCKET SIZES FOR tav

Hi All Apologies if this has been asked previously.....What size sprockets would I need to use on the jack shaft /rear wheel if I run a TAV on a 3hp engine on a kart size wheel? Also............If I increase the diam of the wheel to ,say ,12" o.d. can I still stick with the same ratios...
  7. R

Clutches or TAV's??

What is used on mini bikes the most ? Im stuck with using centrifugal clutches on my stuff ,due to the high cost of TAV's over here. Seen loads of Advertisements at reasonable prices on US sites ,its not so much the shipping cost ,as the taxes I would have to pay at this end. Apparently...
  8. R

Newbs..........4 wheeler

I'm a new member from UK ...........Heres my Radio Flyer........... Cant see pic? .......Go to Rodschopshop.co.uk.............