Search results

1. Detasman

15w40 or 10w30?

I found an owners manual online for my Baja Warrior 200 that says use 10w30 oil for the motor. However, I also found an old safety sticker for the mini bike that says use 15w40 oil. I live in Maryland which has a fairly mild climate. Which oil should I use?
  2. Detasman

Which TAV2 for Baja Warrior 200?

Looking to purchase a TAV2 torque converter for my otherwise stock Warrior 200. Are these universal kits or are there different model numbers for different applications? For instance, do these things come with different size shaft holes and sprocket teeth? Basically, I'm asking if there is a...
  3. Detasman

LED bulb conversion?

Thanks Dave. You are absolutely right. I rechecked that circuit and i had it wrong. Here's a corrected diagram showing ground going to the light and the hot wire being run through the switch. Does this look better? Thanks Dave. The original (incorrect) diagram was also mine. The last...
  4. Detasman

LED bulb conversion?

Thanks Dave. You are absolutely right. I rechecked that circuit and i had it wrong. Here's a corrected diagram showing ground going to the light and the hot wire being run through the switch. Does this look better?
  5. Detasman

LED bulb conversion?

Based on your instructions and observations on my original diagram and the video you suggested I view, I came up with this proposed diagram incorporating the rectifier. What do you think?
  6. Detasman

LED bulb conversion?

Here is a rough wiring diagram for the light circuit on the MB200 (Baja Warrior 200). Can you walk me through how to integrate the rectifier? NOTES: The blue wire from the headlight terminates at the connector (nothing connects to it). I don't see an apparent ground in this circuit...
  7. Detasman

MB200 (Baja Warrior 200) Wiring Diagram?

Can't find one. Googled it. Searched the threads...Nothing! Anyone have one
  8. Detasman

LED bulb conversion?

Just ordered an LED bulb on eBay from China. 12 volt, 100 watt. Same style and size base as stock and the overall bulb size and shape is also the same as stock. Any thoughts on whether this bulb would work in my Baja? The stock incandescent bulb is 12 volts and 35 watts. I have no idea...
  9. Detasman

LED bulb conversion?

I've done largely the same thing. I added an auxiliary battery powered Led light up front. It certainly does the trick but I was hoping to get some real light out of the stock headlight bucket itself. BTW, I've also added battery powered rest lighting as well.
  10. Detasman

LED bulb conversion?

I've read several posts where some guys have replaced the stock incandescent bulb on a Warrior with an LED. However, I haven't yet seen a clean and easy conversion. One where there wasn't major hacking up of the housing.. Does such a thing exist?
  11. Detasman

Governor suddenly stopped working on MB200

So, my small engine game is pretty poor. I stand a good chance of getting the tank off but I'd have no idea what to be looking for externally to tell if the governor arm is properly connected to the engine. I would need to draw the line at opening up the crankcase. I think it might be time to...
  12. Detasman

If it is an internal failure (which I fear it is), do I run the risk of loose parts inside the engine causing further damage?
  13. Detasman

The governor on my son's MB200 (Warrior 200) suddenly stopped working. The governor arm no longer returns to its resting position on its own. This causes the throttle at the carburetor to sit at about half open without applying any hand throttle action. A bad situation, as the bike races...
  14. Detasman

Source for miscellaneous original parts for MB200

Thanks all. I did eventually order the nut and a few other misc. small parts from Monster Scooters.
  15. Detasman

Source for miscellaneous original parts for MB200

Just picked up a used Baja Warrior 200 (MB200). The top center nut on the steering shaft is missing. I checked the Baja Motorsports website and found a parts diagram for the bike. Its part #23 in the diagram and is described as an M25x1 hex nut. Not something my local hardware store carries...
  16. Detasman

My New Chopper

Yes, the rake is extreme. Once you're up on plane, as it were, it handles ok. Turning is another story. I'll be sure to post pics of any upcoming projects. About the only thing I did with this bike was to strip it to the frams, paint it black (was red) and reassemble.
  17. Detasman

My New Chopper

I'm 43 and just got my first mini bike. I put pics in the gallery. I purchased the bike from its builder. The frame is custom/hand made from 1" square tubing. All mig welded. Engine is a kawasaki 5hp FA210d. The forks are from a 86 Honda xr100. Front wheel/w drum brake is 70's honda 50cc...
  18. mini2

mini2

The frame is custom/hand made from 1" square tubing. All mig welded. Engine is a kawasaki 5hp FA210d. The forks are from a 86 Honda xr100. Front wheel/w drum brake is 70's honda 50cc mini trail(aftermarket).The rear wheel's split rim/ cast aluminum from lil' indian mini-bike(aftermarket)...
  19. mini1

mini1

The frame is custom/hand made from 1" square tubing. All mig welded. Engine is a kawasaki 5hp FA210d. The forks are from a 86 Honda xr100. Front wheel/w drum brake is 70's honda 50cc mini trail(aftermarket).The rear wheel's split rim/ cast aluminum from lil' indian mini-bike(aftermarket)...