Search results

1. J

HH70 silver glitter in oil

Well when I first got the engine I opened it up after draining the old oil. It was clean and there was no build up of sludge or anything for the age of the engine. But the crank had a little scratch in it, more like a slight gouge. That may be what the dipstick is rubbing on. And the numbers are...
  2. J

HH70 silver glitter in oil

I have 2 questions. One is can you someone tell me what year this engine was made. The model is HH70-140058J and the serial number is 0288D. Also, I changed the oil for the second time since I got the old engine running and there is this really fine glittery substance coming out in the oil. Now...
  3. J

Briggs 14hp Single Cylinder

I have a briggs vanguard 14hp engine and it has an oil pump inside of it plus the oil filter on the side. I was wondering if it would be possible to convert it from a vertical to a horizontal and what is all involved
  4. J

Tecumseh 5hp Power Sport

Okay, thanks. Ill pull the valve cover off and check it
  5. J

Tecumseh 5hp Power Sport

Okay well I checked the oil, It was a little overfilled. I filled it to the correct level and it seemed to not spew oil. Well half way into riding the thing starts smoking and sure enough it started to spew oil out into the carb again. I dont think the rpms are too high cause this used to be...
  6. J

Tecumseh HH70

Heres a video of an old HH70 that I just got done putting a pull starter on and this is its first run in maybe 20 or more years. I put a carb from a 6.5 hp push mower on it. Tecumseh HH70 - YouTube
  7. J

Tecumseh 5hp Power Sport

I'll check the oil sometime this weekend. And the governor is set correctly, this all started happening after i changed the breather tube. The old tube was dry rotted and cracked and started spewing oil out of the cracks. Does anyone know exactly how much oil this engine should hold?
  8. J

Tecumseh 5hp Power Sport

My uncle has an old go kart with a Tecumseh power sport on it, its 5hp I believe. Well I replaced the breather tube because it had dry rotted and started spitting oil out. Well now whenever you rev the engine, oil blows out of the carb. What would be causing that? I know that the tube is clean...