Search results

1. C

Need a little guidance on Fox trail tramp w/ HS40 tecumseh

Well....Thanks to all of yall's help and a little sweat, cussin, and knuckle bustin! :censure: I'm back in action! Got everything cleaned up, new gaskets, fresh fuel, re set points, repositioned condenser, new flywheel key, nut, and washer, fresh oil, new chains, cleaned and lapped...
  2. C

Ok. So I repositioned the condenser and wires. Cleaned and lapped the valves, waiting on spring compressor to install them. I ordered gaskets, flywheel key, nut, and washer. I also ordered a new thrust washer for the shaft side. I hope to have it all back together by this weekend if my stuff...
  3. C

Ok. So last night I got out in the garage and went to work! This is what I have found! Points look great, confirmed gap @ .020. Valves were all carboned up! Will clean, lap, and re install them. Condenser wire has been rubbing on flywheel, will re position it. Piston and sleeve looked...
  4. C

Thanks for all the advice. I will give it a go. I will try to post some pics after I pull the head to see what you guys think. I did notice a while back that I could not get it to fire at all, so I back tracked my steps and pulled the fly wheel off, inspected to see if i missed anything, didn't...
  5. C

Yes. It has tipped over before.
  6. C

Yes. It does have a small leak around the gasket, but it just showed up around the time it quit running, bet never started smoking?
  7. C

One more thing....for now.:doah: When it was running, it didn't seem to be burning oil and didn't smoke at all. If I run compression check and it checks out, should I still replace all that? Thanks
  8. C

Great! Thanks yall. I'll give that a try. Should I still replace point's and condenser. I just replaced those not long ago when I had it running. Also, are there any "special" tools I would need, or just standard stuff. And, do I have to remove the cam shaft to replace the valves and rings...
  9. C

Well! I've got the engine off the bike and believe I will attempt to disassemble and have a look at what's going on! Are there any classic do's or dont's I need to be aware of? Also, does anyone happen to have a list of parts I would need to do a complete rebuild if that's what it comes to? Thanks
  10. C

Good point! When I get some time, I may go ahead and just pull the motor off and take it up to a small engine shop locally and have em check it out to see what all need be done. I could pull the head off myself, but honestly wouldn't know what to look for to tell if something wasn't right...
  11. C

Yes. I did mess with them some, i will try adjusting them some more to see if it helps. With the oil leak I have, should I replace the gasket before running it any I'd it does start. I don't want to do any other damage if I can help it.
  12. C

What's the best way you think to bypass the carb to see if it will start? I've already rebuilt it once. I even let it soak in a cleaner tank at work for a few days. That thing looks brand new.
  13. C

Thanks man! I think it's pretty cool too! I found it in a storage unit I bought for contents that had been moved from estate. Looks like it hadn't been touched in many years! Yes, I tried gas in plug hole and it does have spark. I have not put a compression tester on it, but seems to haTo have...
  14. C

If I remember right, I did not remove the stater. That said, I haven't messed with the timing either. It was running pretty good after I did all that and I ran it a few times around the block and it just started lugging and died and hasn't started since. I did pull the plug, cleaned it good...
  15. C

Thank you for the advice and great offer, if I can't figure it out I may just have to send it to ya!:scooter: This is what I've done so far to get it running the first time. Cleaned thoroughly & rebuilt carb (yes..it is the kind with diaphragm) New plug, oil, & air filter. New points and...
  16. C

Hey folks! I have a 69 Fox Trail Tramp with a HS40 Tecumseh enging. The bike is all original in really good shape. I am trying to figure out what to do with the motor. I had it running pretty good a while back but it now has quit again. I think the motor may need to have a rebuild done, Im not...
  17. C

what centrifugal clutch for 69 Fox trail tramp?

Yes! That is exactly what I have! I took the bushing that I have in to motion industries and they matched it to a Isostatic flange bushing part # FF-838-03. It is 3/4 ID X 7/8 OD X 1" length. Flange thickness is 1/16". I ordered two of them and hope they will work, I'm not sure though if the...
  18. C

I think I'm gonna try putting this one back on first, all I need is 1 of the brass flange bushing/bearing that slide over the shaft. It has two on there, one on each sprocket housings that cover the clutch. I was being an idiot and boogered one of them up.
  19. C

I just wonder if the sprockets on this would still line up with what's on the bike. Doesn't seem like they are far enough apart?
  20. C

I'll upload a pic of it when I get home today.