Search results

1. E

1979 kawasaki kv75 brakes

It says your join date is July 11, 2015. That's what they're referring to. Even if you've been lurking without logging in since before the Internet, you technically weren't a member until you registered.
  2. E

Well, I ordered some EBC 701 shoes. They DO NOT fit the kv75. The Marshall catalog listing is wrong. The kv75 shoes are only 14-15mm wide, while the Vesrahs and EBC shoes are almost double that width. I just wanted to put this out there so someone else doesn't waste money ordering the wrong...
  3. E

Arduino ignition

This is fantastic!!! That's one heck of a kit from aliexpress. I've been wanting to start messing with arduino and that may be the way to go.
  4. E

Yep, I missed that. I was going by the title of the thread which leads one to believe the topic was about brakes. My apologies. From looking at those pictures on eBay - the main jet does NOT appear to be adjustable. It's a fixed size. You would have to swap out jets to achieve the appropriate...
  5. E

1971 Kawasaki MT1 'Parnelli Jones'

I recently picked up this '71 Kawasaki MT1 from a coworker. His dad bought it new in the spring of '70 when he was stationed in Nebraska. It traveled with him to about 6 or 7 different states and has been to Germany and back. It still has California license plates on it. His dad passed away 2...
  6. E

Read before posting! - THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR ASKING QUESTIONS

Man, there really needs to be a more descriptive error. "You need X number of posts before you are allowed to post links" would help tremendously. The thing that got me was that even after I had removed the links I was still getting that same error :confused:, so I'm wondering if there's a post...
  7. E

Not sure why you posted a carb comment in a brake thread, but...that carb looks like it will physically be the right size and mount up just fine, but the listing makes no mention of the pilot jet size. The 17mm uses the same "70" main jet, but it's saying it's a replacement for a Dellorto carb...
  8. E

Yeah. I kind of revived it. I've been doing a bunch of research since I bought my MT1 a few weeks ago. Parts are fairly scarce for this thing so I was just sharing where I had found some alternatives for brake shoes. You can basically walk into most motorcycle shops and they'll be able to order...
  9. E

Mystery Pliers

Great use pulling the chain together. Love the "out of the box" thinking.
  10. E

Newb from Missouri

Thanks. I can see myself owning more :) My wife probably won't like it, but these things are fun. Working on them is so much easier than a big bike, and you can do laps in the yard with them :scooter:. I'm sure my neighbors love me, but at least the 2-stroke smoke may scare off the...
  11. E

Newb from Missouri

Hey all. New to the minibike scene, but been riding big bikes for 10+ years. I started out with sport bikes, then got mixed up in the vintage Japanese bikes - mostly Yamaha's, which I still have a couple of. I purchased a '08 Suzuki V-Strom about a year and a half ago. I've got two young boys...
  12. E

Read before posting! - THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR ASKING QUESTIONS

Anyone have any idea why I keep getting the error message "Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words." when trying to post in the project logs forum? I originally had a link to a youtube video, but have since removed it...
  13. E

kawasaki kv75 engine mods

Hey. Good info. Any idea what the stock squish band angle is? Or is there a commonly used squish band angle?
  14. E

The Marshall distributing catalog has a listing for Vesrah brake shoes (#414) Those shoes also cross reference to an EBC 701 or a SBS 2087 shoe.
  15. E

No spark KV75

This thread is a couple months old, but there are some tests you can do with a multimeter to test the ignition system. Everything is pretty well explained in the service manual (sundry.tech.purdue.edu/mleasure/Personal/KV75-Service-Manual.pdf) starting on page 72. If you have any questions with...