Search results

1. F

How much #35 chain do I need?

Hi, I seek your help in finding the correct chain I need. I measured with a tape measure, the distance from the sprocket on the engine to the rear sprocket. On the top side, I need 24 inches to the center of the rear sprocket, I would need that again for the bottom side of the chain. Plus enough...
  2. F

Qs on Finding and Installing a Mini Bike suspenion,

My 10 year old grand son complains that the bike bounces him around, shaking him really good. I recall as a kid, wishing mine had a suspension. I drooled over the suspensions of large street bikes! For, Until this web site, I never saw another Rupp bike of any kind., and at that time, no...
  3. F

Lets discuss why the chain keeps derailing, on my Rupp Bandit

HELP! I have my Rupp Bandit, from when I was 10, and now restored it so my grand kids can learn to ride. All is working well until the chain pops off the large rear sprocket ever 5 mins or so, and becomes wedged between the sprocket and the rear frame 'bar', there is maybe 12 inch clearance...
  4. F

Throttle cable problems, seeking help!

My 1972 Rupp Bandit, the throttle cable sheath, will not stay inside the metel nut, at the handle bar grip. When I rotate the throttle, the cable 'sheath,' pops out. Why?
  5. F

Chain guard ideas for Rupp bikes

I need to fab a chain guard for the Rupp Bandit. any ideas, or examples I could follow? My original guard is long gone.
  6. F

Want to discuss buying and installing new 3.00-10 tires

I have a 1972 RUPP Bandit. I need new tires soon. Where do I shop for them? I also wonder if I could install 4.00-10 tires on the original rims? As it consisit of unbolting the rim sections, Is it easy enough to install myself?