Search results

1. Arrowdog

Briggs 5hp ?

I believe sometimes around July '66 when they came out
  2. Arrowdog

The Vintage Mini Bike Family Photo Scrapbook

Finally after a long dig through paper and digital files I found, what I believe, is the last surviving picture of a mini bike my dad built me in 1969. I believe he used a pedal scooter type frame, welded on a back bone to adapt rank and seat. He raced sidecars, so he couldn't resist to bolt on...
  3. Arrowdog

Pre war Sachs

Looks like the Erie Motorbike.....Sachs from Germany supplied this 98cc engine to many European and obviously also to American Mfg. to produce inexpensive but reliable transportation. This small engine powered small bikes from the mid '30 to the late '50s. Especially in Germany where many...
  4. Arrowdog

Whats the Best Way to clean a Old motor?

I guess it depends where you want to go with this engine. If you're planning to rebuild anyway, spray it in some of the engine cleaning products and pressure wash. If you only want to clean the crud off and use the engine as is (hoping the inside is better than the exterior), I usually have it...
  5. Arrowdog

new from N.GA

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Yes chipper, my frame and fork was chromed at one point as well but rust took its toll so painting was the more feasible option at this point. I have plenty of Briggs engines so at this point I guess I stick with it although not original I agree.
  6. Arrowdog

Need crank cover for 3.5 briggs

I currently have your crank cover for sale in the parts section. You could use it to drill and tap your own holes. Then it would be an easy off, easy on transition.
  7. Arrowdog

new from N.GA

Hi Guys, ok, lurking in the shadows wasn't my plan, but I guess I was over thinking my introductory speech :doah: Anyway, been around small antique engines and vintage bikes for a long time. My wife always questions why I have to add to the 50+ small engines in my garage.......Dealing with old...
  8. Arrowdog

Help identifying my original mini bike

Is this a Zündapp in the background on the lift?
  9. Arrowdog

1980 Briggs 5hp parts for sale

BUMP and update Tank, carburetor, cyl.head and air filter are SOLD, I have combined some parts plus more parts from an additional 5hp engine, maybe someone is in the process of rebuilding or needs "play" parts to try some custom tuning.(therefore the prices listed in the first post are no...
  10. Arrowdog

Briggs model 91020 3.5hp blower housing with recoil mechanism

BUMP and update while the blower housing is sold, other parts of this 3.5hp Briggs are available 1) crankcase housing great condition: $ 10.00 + shipping 2) flywheel (no broken fins, good mag): $ 10.00 + shipping 3) crankshaft with con-rod and cam gear+ tappets $ 10.00 + shipping
  11. red_tank_1

red_tank_1

12. red_tank_2

red_tank_2

13. 5hp_fly_1

5hp_fly_1

14. 5hp_cam_2

5hp_cam_2

15. 5hp_crank_1

5hp_crank_1

16. 5hp_cam_1

5hp_cam_1

17. 3_5hp_fly_1

3_5hp_fly_1

18. 3_5hp_21

3_5hp_21

19. 3_5_hous_1

3_5_hous_1

20. Arrowdog

Learned advise, please?

Roger, I believe these numbers correspond to a Tecumseh engine, probably H30. Should be suitable enough for a mini bike. There are some carb repros (made you know where) on Ebay for cheap. At least it may get you going until you decide to take further action. Tom